Due Date: Rolling Basis
The International Forest Watch Innovation Fellowship2019 is open for applications. The GFW Tech Fellowship supports civil society companies and people all over the world to utilize International Forest View in their advocacy, research study, and field work.
The International Forest Watch Innovation Fellowship intends to hire and train the very best and brightest forest supervisors, protectors and supporters in dealing with growing dangers to forests through usage of pioneering innovation options and huge information, and assistance others in their networks to do so too. The goal of the fellowship program is to scale effect by establishing a neighborhood of GFW power users and champs to support making use of the platform in concern nations, and establish a shared vision on how GFW tools and other forest tracking innovation can be utilized to secure forests in concern areas all over the world.
Fellows might be native leaders, investigative reporters, public interest attorneys, foresters, ecological police, conservationists, or open information specialists who have the enthusiasm to offer training and continuous assistance to federal governments and regional activists to utilize forest information and keeping track of innovation successfully within their work and to improve their capability to take part in tracking of prohibited logging.
The GFW Tech Fellowship looks for forest security supporters who are enthusiastic about utilizing innovation for forest tracking from a range of sectors consisting of: law, science, journalism, police, advocacy and preservation. This year-long program provides Fellows chances for skill-building, networking, and mentorship, consisting of involvement in a four-day tech camp and the Global Forest Watch 2019 User Top in Washington, D.C. Fellows will likewise get a stipend and access to funds for associated activities.
- A regular monthly stipend, and access to extra discretionary funds for feld gos to, devices purchases, expert advancement, or workshop expenses.
- All costs paid (air travel, visa expenses, meals and lodging) to take part in tech camp and the GFW User Top in Washington, DC.
- Training by specialists in forest tracking, land usage preparation, advocacy and enforcement, and task style and application.
- Involvement in the GFW collaboration and SGF/Fellowship alumni neighborhood.
- Communications protection in WRI’s newsletters, blog sites and social networks.
- Open to certified prospects from throughout choose nations in Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Central America, The United States And Canada, Pacific and South America.
- The Tech Fellowship looks for people who are enthusiastic about finding out and using brand-new tools and information, and sharing that enthusiasm and understanding with others
- Fellows might have a strong tech background, such as in GIS (Geographic Details Systems) or remote picking up, shows, or information science
The perfect fellow will:
- Deal ingenious concepts on techniques to secure forests
- Display enthusiasm for resolving ecological obstacles
- Comprehend the capacity of utilizing innovation for social and ecological great
- Maintain networks through which they will share abilities and lessons found out
- Represent varied genders, locations, sectors and academic backgrounds
- Champ ingenious options for taking on intricate chauffeurs of logging
Applicants will be examined on the following requirements:
- Shown interest in, and experience with, taking on forest concerns
- Demonstrated understanding of Global Forest Watch’s goal and method
- A recognized network of people and companies committed to forest preservation or management in the nation where the fellow will work
- A succinct, practical and practical prepare for the 12- months of the fellowship, consisting of a training and application method and clear knowing goals
- A proposition with a clear roadmap that will cause advocacy or enforcement outcomes
They worth equality and variety in our programs. All certified prospects are motivated to use, consisting of females and minorities.
To find out more, go to GFW Tech Fellowship