Deadline: January 13, 2021
Applications are open for the Global Health Corps Fellowship Program 2021-2022. Global Health Corps is building the next generation of diverse health leaders. They offer a range of paid fellowship roles with health organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia and the opportunity to develop as a transformative leader.
A Global Health Corps fellowship is an exciting opportunity to build skills and gain experience with a high-impact health organization, but it’s also much more than that. It’s a year that will catalyze your personal and professional growth as a leader, placing you within a global and diverse network of bright, young, and committed health equity champions. It is – they hope – the beginning of the rest of your career working to transform health systems to deliver for all.
- Participate in bespoke training: The fellowship starts with one week of inspiring sessions with thought leaders, bonding with your cohort, and reflections on your role as a next gen global health leader. Trainings, coaching, and mentorship continue year-round!
- Learn as you go: You will adapt and innovate as you learn the needs of your placement organization, and work to add value and advance health equity. There will be highs and lows, and new learnings every day.
- Build your resilience: Transforming health systems is complex, difficult, and long-term work and you have to bring your whole self. So cultivating resilience, self-care, and empathy as an emerging leader is a core component of the curriculum.
- Become part of a supportive, dynamic global community: GHC fellows and alumni span borders and boundaries of all kinds, but form a tight knit network united in the belief that health is a human right. Fellows are placed in pairs so there is always someone to turn to.
- Be 30 years or younger.
- Hold a bachelor’s or undergraduate university degree.
- Be proficient in English.
- Be a citizen or legal permanent resident of Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the United States, or Zambia.
Applications close at 12:00PM (noon) EST / 7:00PM CAT / 8:00PM EAT. They encourage you to submit your application as soon as you can!
For more information, visit Global Health Corps.