Deadline: January 31, 2021
Applications are open for the Global Sustainability Scholars Fellows Program 2021. The GSS Fellows program offers a 10-week paid immersive training and mentoring with a global sustainability organization.
Fellows will gain professional work experience, receive professional mentorship and professional development training, and build an international professional network in sustainability science. They will accept 2-6 fellows per year to join the GSS community; provide advanced professional development training; and build professional connections that foster opportunities for employment and/or graduate school opportunities.
Fellows will work with sustainability organizations such as Belmont Forum research projects or Future Earth and will engage with participants of the GSS scholars. Each fellowship may provide different opportunities and experiences, however all Fellows will have a core curriculum and a GSS mentor. GSS Fellowships may meet graduate school requirements as professional internships, so be sure to make proper arrangements with the GSS program director prior to acceptance.
- Fellows are paid a stipend of $8,000 for their full participation in the program.
- GSS Fellows must have completed a bachelor’s degree within the past four years and be able to demonstrate their interest in working on global sustainability solutions.
- Applicants should be enrolled in graduate studies currently or have receipt of admissions in a program by Fall 2021 .
- 2021 Fellows will be embedded in projects with partners organizations in the Belmont Forum or Future Earth research communities. GSS Fellows will be expected to work independently and if appropriate mentor GSS Scholars.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens and have the proper legal documentation to travel abroad (passport) May 2021.
The application deadline for the Global Sustainability Scholars Fellows Program is January 31, 2021.