Due Date: February 28, 2019
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences Next Einstein Effort (GOALS NEI) is accepting applications from interested female researchers for the 2nd round of the GOALS NEI Fellowships for Females in Environment Modification Science (WiCCS). The program looks for to increase ladies’s involvement in, and contribution to, to a more sustainable social action to environment modification.
This fellowship program was enabled by a grant from the International Advancement Research Study Centre, Ottawa, Canada, and financial backing from the Federal government of Canada, offered through Global Affairs Canada (GAC). It becomes part of a wider effort by GOALS NEI to construct the intellectual capital required to much better our understanding of the reasons for environment modification in Africa, and to resolve the myriad difficulties to Africa’s advancement arising from environment modification.
Applications are welcomed from impressive female researchers presently living throughout the world. Effective candidates are anticipated to carry out, in an appropriate African host organization, a self-initiated task with the possible to contribute substantially to the understanding of environment modification and its effects, and/or to the advancement and application of ingenious, empirically‑grounded policies and techniques for environment modification mitigation, adjustment and/or strength, to name a few.
The fellowship deserves approximately USD 35,000 The precise quantity of the fellowship will be defined at the time of the award. This quantity will be paid to the Fellow in 3 installations in accordance with a schedule that will be specified at the time of the award.
To be qualified, candidates should be:
- female;-LRB- ***************).
- in belongings prior to the fellowship start date of a doctorate in a quantitative discipline, consisting of however not restricted to used mathematics, meteorology, physics, computational chemistry, analytical ecology, computer technology, theoretical biology, and engineering;-LRB- ***************).
- presently used, on either an irreversible or a momentary basis, in a non-profit workplace, consisting of federal government;-LRB- ***************).
- actively participated in research study, policy, and/or practice appropriate to environment modification modelling, mitigation, adjustment, and/or strength to name a few; and
- the lead and/or senior author of a minimum of one refereed publication on a subject appropriate to environment modification modelling, the causative aspects of environment modification, environment modification mitigation, adjustment, and/or strength and so on
To use, please total this online application (link listed below) and send by the 28 February 2019, 23: 59 FELINE with the following files connected:
- a finished individual information form, consisting of a comprehensive spending plan for all non-project-related activities;-LRB- ***************).
- a finished task proposition type, consisting of a comprehensive spending plan for all project-related activities;-LRB- ***************).
- a curriculum vitae; and
- an electronic copy of a representative publication in environment modification modelling, its causes, environment modification mitigation, adjustment and/or strength in which the candidate is the lead and/or senior author.
Supporting files need to be conserved as a pdf in the format: “name of the research study program_type of_document _ AIMSentity/centre _ monthyear of applying_first and surname of candidate.” For example, “MS4CR fellowship_application form_AIMSNEI_Dec2018 _ SarahJake”.
Candidates need to ask for that 3 private letters of assistance be emailed to [email protected], utilizing as subject “MS4CR fellowship application assistance letter-first and surname of candidate” by the application due date. 2 of these letters need to originate from the candidate’s instant manager at her house organization and the called partner at her proposed host organization. A minimum of one letter needs to originate from a referee who is certified to examine the candidate’s experience in environment modification research study, practice, and/or policy. You need to show your referees a copy of the ‘ Regards To Recommendation for Fellows‘ and the ‘ Directions for Referees‘ file.
Insufficient applications will not be examined.
To learn more, go to GOALS NEI Fellowship