Application Deadline: Ongoing
On the initiative of the Goethe-Institut and the Federal Foreign Office, institutions working in international cultural cooperation have set up a relief fund. It is aimed at organisations abroad whose commitment is of great importance for artistic freedom and for a pluralistic society. With the fund, projects that serve in particular to ensure the livelihood of these institutions will receive short-term and non-bureaucratic support. The Foreign Office is providing the basic funding of three million euros; the Goethe-Institut is coordinating the allocation of funds. A jury will select the funded projects.
Together with the Berliner Künstlerprogramm of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the German UNESCO Commission, the S. Fischer Foundation, the Mercator Foundation, the Robert Bosch Foundation and the Siemens Foundation the Foreign Office and the Goethe-Institut form a consortium and invite other institutions to participate. In this context, the partners partly set their own accents.
The funding is aimed at institutions from countries outside the European Union where there are no other funding options. They must also meet the following criteria:
- they do cultural work with relevance to civil society
- have been active for more than three years
- they are already known to the Goethe-Institut or the Foreign Office’s diplomatic mission abroad
- due to their structure, they are suffering from the consequences of the coronavirus pandemic
Structural projects can be supported, for example:
- Infrastructure maintenance or redevelopment projects that are limited in scope and time
- Start-up financing of structural measures
- Projects that serve (new) networking
- Projects for the development of new, digital formats and/or digital further training and qualification
The maximum funding for a project in the period from September to December 2020 is 25,000 euros.
For More Information: