Deadline: September 15, 2021
Applications are invited for the Goethe Institut Upcycling Competition 2021. The Goethe-Instituts in the Sub-Saharan Africa Region support the creative exploration of the topic of upcycling and want to contribute to sustainability through various measures. They are therefore launching this Goethe-Upcycling Call for ideas.
Upcycling (“up” and Recycling / “Reuse”) is the process of transforming waste or (apparently) useless materials into products of new value. In contrast to downcycling, this form of recycling results in the recovery of materials. By recycling or reusing existing materials, the use of raw materials can be reduced. By reusing and converting used materials, unusual and everyday objects will be creatively redesigned and thus upgraded or brought into a different context.
- A Jury consisting of representatives from the field of upcycling, cultural and creative industries, among others, will select the 8 best ideas, the realisation of which will be financially supported with 1,000 Euros.
- Open to all creative people, Librarians, Craftsmen, Artists, Designers and anyone who has a good idea that meets the competition criteria.
- A maximum of two projects ideas can be submitted per participant.
To apply, participants are invited to submit the following documents:
- A presentation poster with pictures, drawings, collages of the object or a description of the upcycling project…).
- Simplified curriculum vitae, if necessary with other work in PDF
- Cost estimate for the creation of the object or the realisation of the project
- A statement/description of the object/project with text and video
- Applications must be submitted in digital form only. By submitting your application, you give the Goethe-Institut permission to publish all entries on its websites and social media. (All participants automatically agree to this rule when submitting.)
All applications should be submitted via email to [email protected]
For more information, visit Goethe Institut.