Deadline: June 14, 2021
Applications are open for the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2021. The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize aims to find Africa’s brightest young agri-food entrepreneurs. They are searching for agribusinesses that bring technology, innovation and passion to the agriculture and food industries.
You could win one of two US$50,000 cash prizes that will help you change your world and transform the agri-food business in Africa. We need strong agriculture and food businesses to grow our communities and economies as we recover from the pandemic. They want to support your businesses, so you can lead the way.
GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize is a fantastic opportunity for young African agripreneurs to take their business venture to the next level. In addition to the US$50,000, the competition also offers these agripreneurs the chance to attend the Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) virtual meeting and make their mark. The finalists will also receive mentorship, programming linkages and guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey.
- Two entrepreneurs, one woman and one man, will each win $50,000 US Dollars for the most innovative and scalable business ventures.
- Entrepreneur is aged 35 or below on the date of submission to the competition, and is legally recognised as an adult in country of nationality.
- Entrepreneur holds nationality (with an official ID) from a country which is a member of the African Union.
- Entrepreneur is the founder/co-founder of the venture he/she represents in the competition and plays an active role in its operations and leadership.
- Entrepreneur has no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony or other offence, and will provide a signed declaration to that effect, if requested.
- Venture is already legally registered in a country which is a member of the African Union or will have commenced with the registration of such a legal entity prior to July 18, 2021.
- Venture is headquartered in a country which is a member of the African Union.
- Venture is designed to be financially sustainable, either as a for-profit business or a non-profit generating some revenue and aiming not to be dependent on donor funding.
- Venture plays a role in the agri-food sector and/or supports the development of the agri-food sector through an innovation or process improvement.
- The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
- Agri-food research & development
- Primary food production (farming)
- Crop nutrition
- Mechanisation, automation or robotics, including drones
- Crop protection
- Hydroponics or urban farming
- Transport, distribution, storage or logistics
- Food processing
- Packaging or marketing
- Food retail or service
- Waste management or recycling
- Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
They want to hear from businesses that show:
- originality and innovation,
- market potential and traction,
- social and commercial impact,
- environmental sustainability,
- and an inspiring and investible team.
The application includes questions such as:
- “Give an example of your entrepreneurial mindset.”
- “How does your venture make money?”
- “Who are your main customers?”
- “Who are your main competitors?”
- “What are your biggest business challenges so far and how have you overcome them?”
Applicants must fill out each section of the application to be considered. Be sure to allow enough time to complete all sections.
For more information, visit GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize.