Due Date: June 15, 2019
The Goi Peace Structure International Essay Contest for Youth 2019 is now open for entries. This yearly essay contest is arranged in an effort to harness the energy, imagination and effort of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable advancement. It likewise intends to influence society to gain from the young minds and to consider how each people can make a distinction worldwide.
This program is an activity within the structure of the UNESCO Global Action Program (SPACE) on Education for Sustainable Advancement (ESD).
” Producing a Society Filled With Compassion”
What does “Compassion” indicate to you? How do you believe we can produce a kinder society?
Perform 10 acts of generosity, and after that utilize your experience as motivation in composing your essay (your essay does not require to be about your acts of generosity).
As a scandal sheet, this year’s contest includes action in addition to composing, so that taking part in the contest straight adds to producing a much better world. Please note, nevertheless, that just the essay itself will be thought about in the choice procedure.
The following awards will be given up the Kid’s classification and Youth classification respectively:
- 1st Reward: Certificate, reward of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$920 since January 2019) and present … 1 entrant
- second Reward: Certificate, reward of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$460 since January 2019) and present … 2 entrants
- 3rd Reward: Certificate and present … 5 entrants
- Respectable Reference: Certificate and present … 25 entrants
* 1st reward winners will be welcomed to the award event to be kept in Tokyo, Japan on November 23, 2019
and will get the Minister of Education Award. (Travel costs will be covered by the organizer.)
* Extra awards (Acknowledgment for Effort, Finest School Award, School Reward Award) will be provided if appropriate.
* All reward winners will be revealed on October 31, 2019 (Japan time) on this site. Certificates and presents will be sent by mail to the winners in December 2019.
* They are not able to respond to specific questions worrying contest outcomes.
- Essays might be sent by anybody as much as 25 years of ages (since June 15, 2019) in among the following age classifications: a) Kids (ages as much as 14) b) Youth (ages 15– 25)
- Essays should be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, leaving out essay title and cover page. Essays might be typed or printed.
- Essays should be initial and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be turned down.
- Essays should be composed by someone. Co-authored essays are declined
- Copyright of the essays went into will be appointed to the organizer
- Entries might be sent by postal mail or online.
* IMPORTANT: To send your essay online, you should go to the online registration page and follow the necessary actions.
- Entries sent by postal mail should consist of a cover page suggesting
( 1) your name (2) classification (Kids or Youth) (3) age since June 15, 2019 (4) gender (5) citizenship (6) address (7) email (8) contact number (9) school name (if appropriate) (10) your essay title (11) language (12) word count (13) list of 10 acts of generosity you carried out (explain briefly).
Educators and youth directors might send a collection of essays from their class or group. Please confine a list of individuals’ names, ages and the name and contact info of the sending instructor or director.
- * Entries missing out on any of the above info will not be thought about.
- * A cover page design template is readily available to download You might likewise produce your own cover page with all products (1 )-(13) above.
- * They are not able to validate invoice of essays.
For more questions worrying the International Essay Contest for Youth, please contact [email protected]
To learn more, see Goi Peace Structure