Due Date: October 25, 2019
Applications are open for the Pals of the Arab World Institute (AWI) Award 2020 for Young Contemporary Arab Artists. The Reward highlights emerging visual artists from the Arab World.
The Society of Pals of the Arab World Institute assists the Arab World Institute (AWI) satisfy its objective to promote the discovery and understanding of the Arab world. The Reward for young modern Arab artists intends to promote emerging innovative skills from the twenty-two Arab League nations and provide young artists worldwide presence.
Introduced in 2016, the Reward intends to support and assist the public find young artists in the Arab world. The Reward intends to expose brand-new skill every year. Through this task, the Pals of the Arab World Institute likewise intends to provide the public a chance to see the contemporaneity of the Arab world through the distinct view of a generation of artists who are under forty.
The Reward winning artist will:
- Operate in a property studio in Paris for 3 months, at the Cité worldwide des arts
- Get a grant worth 5,000 Euros
- Get involved to a cumulative exhibit in the Arab World Institute (AWI)
- The granted art work gets in the AWI museum collections
- Candidates should be a nationwide of among the list below nations: Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, or Yemen.
- Be an artist associated with the visual arts (illustration, photography, video, setups, and so on)
- Aged under 40 (or aged 40) on October 31, 2019
- Apply as a person
- Be an artist whose work has actually never ever been the topic of an essay (besides in a gallery and art school).
- Have the ability to speak some English or French
Download the application
To find out more, check out Pals of the Arab World Institute Award