Application Due Date: Monday, fourth February 2019 at 11: 59: 59 PM GMT.
Google PhD Fellowships straight support college students as they pursue their PhD, in addition to link them to a Google Research Study Coach.
Nurturing and preserving strong relations with the scholastic neighborhood is a leading concern at Google. The Google PhD Fellowship Program was produced to acknowledge impressive college students doing extraordinary operate in computer technology and associated research study locations. We presently use Fellowships in Australia, China and East Asia, Europe, Africa, India, the United States and Canada.
Google PhD Fellowship trainees are a choose group acknowledged by Google scientists and their organizations as a few of the most appealing young academics on the planet. The Fellowships are granted to trainees who represent the future of research study in the following fields:
- Algorithms, Optimizations and Markets
- Computational Neuroscience
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Artificial Intelligence
- Maker Understanding, Speech Innovation and Computer System Vision
- Mobile Computing
- Natural Language Processing (consisting of Info Retrieval and Extraction)
- Personal Privacy and Security
- Shows Languages and Software Application Engineering
- Quantum Computing
- Structured Data and Database Management
- Systems and Networking
- Approximately 3 year Fellowship
- United States $30 K to cover stipend and other research study associated activities, travel costs consisting of abroad travel
- Google Research Study Coach
Applications are open to trainees in Computer technology and associated locations from any Indian or African university.
For existing PhD Trainees
- Candidates should be registered into a full-time PhD program at a university in Africa. Candidates who are presently in their very first year of a part-time PhD program and moving to full-time positions are likewise welcome to use.
- Trainees ought to be early PhD trainees, i.e, ought to not have actually enjoyed more than 1 year of their PhD. Candidates for the 2019 Fellowship should have begun their program on or after 1-Jan-2018
- Trainees should stay registered in the PhD program throughout of the Fellowship or surrender the award.
- Candidates should be pursuing a PhD in Computer technology or associated locations.
- Google workers and relative of Google workers are not qualified
- Trainees who are currently getting another business fellowship are not qualified.
For existing Undergraduate/Masters trainees and Experts
- Grant of the fellowship to this classification of candidates is contingent on them signing up with a full-time PhD program at a university in Africa within the fiscal year of the award.
- Trainee candidates should be full-time Undergraduate or Masters trainees registered at an African university. Experts should be employed/affiliated with a company signed up in Africa.
- The Google Fellowship award will be contingent on the recipient signing up for the full-time PhD program at an African university, in Computer technology or associated locations, within the fiscal year 2019, or the award will be surrendered.
- Grant of the Google Fellowship does not imply admission to the PhD program of a university. The recipient needs to likewise finish the PhD admission procedure of the particular institute/university where he/she wants to sign up for PhD.
- Grant of the Google Fellowship will go through the guidelines and standards relevant in the institute/university where the recipient signs up for the PhD program.
- Google workers and relative of Google workers are not qualified.
- The Google Africa PhD Fellowship program application window for 2019 is now open till Monday, fourth February 2019 at 11: 59: 59 PM GMT.