Deadline: September 30, 2018
Visualize 2030 is an extension of Google Cloud’s Data Solutions for Change initiative, where nonprofit organizations and NGOs have the opportunity to apply big data to real-world challenges.
From ending poverty to preserving biodiversity, The 2030 Agenda is made up of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that define a plan of action for people, planet, and prosperity. These goals seek to meaningfully transform three critical areas: ending poverty, helping society, and preserving the environment.
The top five eligible submissions will receive:
- $10,000 (USD) cash prize
- Announcement during the UN World Data Forum
- Publication by Google Cloud
- To apply, you must be at least 18 years old and an actively-enrolled student at the college or graduate level.
- You must also be based in a country in which Data Studio is available.
- Visualize 2030 is a US-based contest, but students from other countries can participate so long as they live in a country in which Google Data Studio is available and they meet the full list of eligibility criteria.
- See the Visualize 2030 Official Rules for the full eligibility details.
- Join the Visualize 2030 Google Group: To access the official data sources and project information that you will need to get started, join the Visualize 2030 Data Stories for the SDGs Google Group.
- Submit your data story: Once you’re ready to submit your data story, fill out the submission form. The submission deadline is September 30, 2018. Contest judges will be selecting a total of five winners to be announced during the UN World Data Forum.
For more information, visit Visualize 2030.