Deadline: September 30, 2018
Applications are open for the Google Cloud’s Data Solutions for Change “Visualize 2030” Challenge 2018. Tell a data-driven story that reveals how at least two SDGs influence each other and what actions might be taken in order to reach those goals by 2030 to take part in the challenge.
In collaboration with the World Bank, the United Nations Foundation, and the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data, Google Cloud is hosting a data storytelling contest called Visualize 2030. If you’re a college or graduate student, this is your chance to make an impact on the global community.
From ending poverty to preserving biodiversity, The 2030 Agenda is made up of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that define a plan of action for people, planet, and prosperity. These goals seek to meaningfully transform three critical areas: ending poverty, helping society, and preserving the environment.
The top five eligible submissions will receive:
- $10,000 (USD) cash prize
- Announcement during the UN World Data Forum
- Publication by Google Cloud
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old;
- Be an actively-enrolled student at the college or graduate level;
- You must also be based in a country in which Data Studio is available.
How to Enter
- To apply, you must meet all the eligibility requirements. See the Visualize 2030Official Rulesfor the full eligibility details.
- To access the official data sources and project information that you will need to get started, join theVisualize 2030 Data Stories for the SDGsGoogle Group.
- Once you’re ready to submit your data story, fill out thesubmission form. Contest judges will be selecting a total of five winners to be announced during the UN World Data Forum.
For more information, visitVisualize 2030 Challenge.