Deadline: December 4, 2020
Applications are open for the Google Europe Students with Disabilities Scholarship 2021. As part of Google’s commitment, they have partnered with EmployAbility, a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting students with disabilities while they pursue education and promising careers.
Access to knowledge is Google’s passion. When it comes to higher education for promising scholars, Google doesn’t want anything to stand in the way. They believe information should be universally accessible. They are also committed to helping the innovators of the future make the most of their talents by providing scholarships for computer science students with disabilities.
- The 10 best applications shall be selected to receive the scholarship payment of €7,000 (issued in the form of bank transfer) to be spent on tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for the applicants’ classes at their primary university.
- Applicants must be university students studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics, or a closely related technical field at a university in Europe or Israel with a disability.
- Applicants must be enrolled as full-time or part-time students for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Applicants must intend to be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student at a university in Europe or Israel for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Applicants must maintain a strong academic record.
- Applicants must exemplify leadership and a passion for Computer Science and technology.
- Google employees are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships.
- Applicants must be 18 year of age or older as of 5 October 2020
- Persons who are (1) residents of embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily residents in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Each application will be evaluated and scored based on the following criteria:
- Demonstration of passion to computer science;
- Academic merit; and
- Demonstration of leadership skills.
Applicants will be asked to complete an online application through EmployAbility which includes:
- General background information (i.e. contact information and details about your current and intended universities for the 2020-2021 academic year).
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree).
- A reference letter from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to essay questions.
For more information, visit Google Europe.