Deadline: September 21, 2018
Join a group of individuals transforming education with Google and across the world. The Google for Education team is looking for the most creative minds in education who empower students, teachers, and administrators to join theGoogle for Education Certified Innovator Program 2018 – Copenhagen. Google is looking for leaders who are excited to drive school transformation, advocate for innovative technologies, and grow professionally.
The Certified Innovator program is a 12-month professional development experience – including mentorship, online learning activities, and a face-to-face Innovation Academy focused on helping new Innovators launch a transformative project. After these 12 months, Innovators stay engaged with ongoing innovation projects and special opportunities from Google for Education to advocate for transformative technologies and practices.
What Will You Create?
As a participant, you will create innovation projects. Innovation Projects are the tools through which Innovators implement and measure their impact. Although the mission and outcomes of each Innovation Project will vary from person to person, here are some principles that will guide development:
- Have a mission that matters:Your mission should be something you care about and has the potential to touch many lives
- Think big, but start small:No matter how ambitious the plan is, you have to start somewhere
- Iterate and fail fast:Google is not looking for perfection, they’re looking for continual innovation
- Share everything:Encourage discussion, collaboration, and the exchange of ideas
- Spark with imagination, fuel with data:Use data to backup your insights or help you pivot directions innovator_projects
All projects should drive change in education, impact educators and students, and be documented for other educators to follow.
- Certified Innovator digital badge + pin
- Visibility in the Google for Education Directory
- Monthly learning and development resources
- Membership in a collaborative community of Innovators
- Exclusive looks at new Google for Education launches
- Serve as product ambassadors in focus groups
- Online showcase of your Innovation Project
- Applicants from all roles: classroom teachers to superintendents are welcome to apply;
- Applicants for the Google for Education Certified Innovator program are selected based on their professional experience, their passion for teaching and learning, their innovative use of technology in school settings, their potential to impact other educators, and their desire to tackle some of the biggest challenges in education;
- Applicants are ambassadors for change who empower other educators and students through a thriving innovation culture within their own classrooms, schools and organizations.
The application process is designed for you to show off the things that make you an innovative educator. While the program is about much more than Google’s products, having a solid background in how to integrate Google for Education technologies in the classroom is an important starting point for inspiring transformative change. Take theAdvanced courseandGoogle Certified Educator Level 2exam prior to applying.
During the application process, you will be invited to share your history of innovation at your school or district and a challenge you’re facing in a compelling way through a 90-second YouTube Challenge Video. If you are selected to participate in the Innovator Program and attend the Innovation Academy, you will have an opportunity to meet with a global cohort of other educators and collaborate together on solutions towards solving that challenge in an innovative way.
The 2018 Cohort of the Google for Education Certified Innovator Program will be at different locations and have varying deadlines.
For more information, visitGoogle for Education Certified Innovator Program.