Application Deadline:Friday, September 21st 2018
Join a group of individuals transforming education with Google and across the world. The Google for Education team is looking for the most creative minds in education who empower students, teachers, and administrators.Google for Education is looking for leaders who are excited to drive school transformation, advocate for innovative technologies, and grow professionally.
The Google for Education Certified Innovator program is a 12-month professional development experience — including mentorship, online learning activities, and a face-to-face Innovation Academy focused on helping new Innovators launch a transformative project. After these 12 months, Innovators stay engaged with ongoing innovation projects and special opportunities from Google for Education to advocate for transformative technologies and practices.
- Candidates for the Google for Education Certified Innovator program are selected based on their professional experience, their passion for teaching and learning, their innovative use of technology in school settings, their potential to impact other educators, and their desire to tackle some of the biggest challenges in education.
- They are ambassadors for change who empower other educators and students through a thriving innovation culture within their own classrooms, schools and organizations.
- Innovation occurs at all levels in the school system, so we welcome applicants from all roles: classroom teachers to superintendents.
- As participants in a community of educators working together to improve schools, Innovators will transform the organizations they’re serving, advocate for change, and grow their own capacity as thought leaders.
Innovation Projects are the tools through which Innovators implement and measure their impact. Although the mission and outcomes of each Innovation Project will vary from person to person, here are some principles that will guide development:
- Have a mission that matters: Your mission should be something you care about and has the potential to touch many lives
- Think big, but start small: No matter how ambitious the plan is, you have to start somewhere
- Iterate and fail fast: We’re not looking for perfection, we’re looking for continual innovation
- Share everything: Encourage discussion, collaboration, and the exchange of ideas
- Spark with imagination, fuel with data: Use data to backup your insights or help you pivot directions
- Monday, July 30th Applications open
- Friday, Sept 21st: Applications close at 11:59 PM Denmark / Central European Time
- Week of Oct 1st: Applicants notified and virtual learning begins for cohort
- Oct 1st- Nov 16th: Weekly pre-academy and virtual learning/assignments
- Wednesday, Nov 16th – Friday, Nov 18th : In-person academy at Google Copenhagen
- Friday, Nov 18th: Ongoing virtual learning and development and project support
- May 2019: Midway Virtual Meetup and Check-in
- Nov 2019: Final submission of Innovation Project, blog, and online showcase attendance
For More Information: