Deadline: April 21, 2021
Applications are open for the Google PhD Fellowship Program 2021. The Google PhD Fellowship Program was created to recognize outstanding graduate students doing exceptional and innovative research in areas relevant to computer science and related fields.
Fellowships support promising PhD candidates of all backgrounds who seek to influence the future of technology. Google’s mission is to foster inclusive research communities and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply. They currently offer Fellowships in Africa, Australia, Canada, East Asia, Europe, India, New Zealand, Southeast Asia and the United States.
- Up to 3 year Fellowship.
- US $30K to cover stipend and other research related activities, travel expenses including overseas travel.
- Google Research Mentor.
- Open to a full-time graduate students pursuing a PhD and enrolled in an African institution.
- Undergraduate or Master’s students and professionals may apply.
- Undergraduate and Master’s student applicants must be currently enrolled, full-time students at an African university.
- Professionals must be employed/affiliated with an organization registered in Africa.
- For these applicants, the Fellowship award shall be contingent on the awardee registering for a full-time PhD program of an African university in computer science (or an adjacent field) within the calendar year of the Fellowship award, or the award shall be forfeited.
- Grant of the Fellowship does not mean admission to the PhD program of a university. The awardee must also complete the PhD admission process of the respective institute/university where they wish to register for a PhD.
- Grant of the Fellowship will be subject to the rules and guidelines applicable in the institute/university where the awardee registers for the PhD program.
- Students must remain enrolled full-time in the PhD program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
- Google employees, and their spouses, children, and members of their household are not eligible.
- Students that are already supported by a comparable industry award are not eligible.
Applications are now open. Submit by 11:59:59pm UTC−12:00 April 21, 2021.