Application Due Date: December Sixth, 2018 at 11: 59 pm GMT.
Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program– previously the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program— Google is enhancing Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of developing gender equality in the field of computer technology by motivating females to master computing and innovation and end up being active leaders and good example in the field.
A scholastic scholarship, granted based upon scholastic efficiency, management, and influence on the neighborhood of females in tech.
A chance to get in touch with fellow scholars and Google coaches, while taking part in expert and individual advancement trainings and workshops.
An online network with fellow scholars program individuals developed to share resources, support the international neighborhood of females in tech and work together on tasks to make ongoing effect.
To be qualified to use, candidates should:
- Presently be registered at a recognized university for the 2018-2019 scholastic year
- Intend to be registered in or accepted as a full-time or part-time trainee in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at a university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2019-2020 scholastic year
- Be studying computer technology, computer system engineering, informatics or a carefully associated technical ﬁeld
- Show a strong scholastic record
- Exemplify management and show enthusiasm for increasing the participation of females in Computer technology
- Ladies Techmakers Scholars will each get a 7,000 EUR award (or regional equivalent) for the 2019-2020 scholastic year.
- A group of undergraduate and college students will be selected from the candidate swimming pool, and scholarships will be granted based upon the strength of each prospect’s influence on variety, showed management and scholastic background.
- The program is open to certified trainees who fulfill the requirements and we highly motivate individuals who determine as female to use.
- All scholarship receivers will be welcomed to go to the yearly Ladies Techmakers Scholars’ Retreat in summer season 2019 to get in touch with fellow scholars, network with Googlers and take part in a variety of workshops.
- Expert advancement and neighborhood outreach chances will continue to be used after the retreat. As a Women Techmakers Scholar, you will sign up with a long-lasting neighborhood of scholars program individuals developed to supply an online forum to share resources, support other females in tech, and work together on tasks to make ongoing effect.
- Basic background details (consists of contact details and details about your present and designated organizations)
- Existing resume
- Academic records from your present and previous organizations (if you have actually made a previous degree)
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, trainer, consultant or manager
- Reactions to 5 essay concerns
The Ladies Techmakers Scholarship is a one-time scholarship. While previous candidates and finalists are motivated to reapply, regrettably, previous receivers of any Google scholarship, consisting of the Ladies Techmakers Scholarship and Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship, are not qualified to use. For concerns, please e-mail WTMScholars@google.com
The application for the 2019-2020 Scholars Program is now open and will close December Sixth, 2018 at 11: 59 pm GMT.
For Additional Information: