Due Date: December 6, 2018
Applications are open for the Women Techmakers Scholars Program. Google’s Women Techmakers program offers presence, neighborhood, and resources for ladies in innovation.
Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program– previously the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program– Google is enhancing Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of developing gender equality in the field of computer technology by motivating ladies to master computing and innovation and end up being active leaders and good example in the field.
The Females Techmakers Scholarship is a one-time scholarship. While previous candidates and finalists are motivated to reapply, sadly, previous receivers of any Google scholarship, consisting of the Females Techmakers Scholarship and Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship, are not qualified to use.
The Scholars Program includes the list below aspects:
- Scholarship: A scholastic scholarship, granted based upon scholastic efficiency, management, and influence on the neighborhood of ladies in tech.
- Retreat: A chance to get in touch with fellow scholars and Google coaches, while taking part in expert and individual advancement trainings and workshops.
- Neighborhood: An online network with fellow scholars program individuals developed to share resources, support the worldwide neighborhood of ladies in tech and work together on jobs to make ongoing effect.
- Females Techmakers Scholars will each get a 7,000 EUR award (or regional equivalent) for the 2019-2020 scholastic year.
- A group of undergraduate and college students will be picked from the candidate swimming pool, and scholarships will be granted based upon the strength of each prospect’s influence on variety, showed management and scholastic background.
- All scholarship receivers will be welcomed to go to the yearly Females Techmakers Scholars’ Retreat in summer season 2019 to get in touch with fellow scholars, network with Googlers and take part in a variety of workshops.
- Expert advancement and neighborhood outreach chances will continue to be used after the retreat.
- As a Women Techmakers Scholar, you will sign up with a long-lasting neighborhood of scholars program individuals developed to supply an online forum to share resources, support other ladies in tech, and work together on jobs to make ongoing effect.
To be qualified to use, candidates need to:
- Presently be registered at a recognized university for the 2018-2019 scholastic year
- Intend to be registered in or accepted as a full-time or part-time trainee in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at a university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2019-2020 scholastic year
- Be studying computer technology, computer system engineering, informatics or a carefully associated technical ﬁeld
- Show a strong scholastic record
- Exemplify management and show enthusiasm for increasing the participation of ladies in Computer technology
The program is open to certified trainees who fulfill the requirements and we highly motivate individuals who recognize as female to use.
- The Females Techmakers Scholars Program scholarship need to be invested in tuition, costs, books, materials and devices needed for the trainees’ classes at their main university.
- Scholarship receivers need to be registered as full-time trainees for the 2018-2019 scholastic year.
- Registration will be validated after the winners are chosen, and all scholarship payments will be made straight to the trainee to be utilized to tuition and education-related expenditures.
- They will keep the award for any scholar who not fulfills the eligibility requirements.
- Present Google workers are not qualified to get the Women Techmakers Scholars Program. Individuals who are (1) homeowners of embargoed nations, (2) normally resident in embargoed nations, or (3) otherwise restricted by relevant export controls and sanctions programs might not get this scholarship.
- Google might keep anonymized variations of application submissions as a referral for future scholarship evaluation.
- Basic background details (consists of contact details and details about your present and designated organizations)
- Present resume
- Academic records from your present and previous organizations (if you have actually made a previous degree)
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, trainer, advisor or manager
- Reactions to 5 essay concerns
For additional information, go to Women Techmakers Scholars Program