Due Date: December 6, 2018
Applications are open for the Women Techmakers Scholars Program. Google’s Women Techmakers program supplies exposure, neighborhood, and resources for females in innovation.
Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program– previously the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program– Google is enhancing Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of producing gender equality in the field of computer technology by motivating females to master computing and innovation and end up being active leaders and good example in the field.
The Ladies Techmakers Scholarship is a one-time scholarship. While previous candidates and finalists are motivated to reapply, sadly, previous receivers of any Google scholarship, consisting of the Ladies Techmakers Scholarship and Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship, are not qualified to use.
The Scholars Program includes the list below components:
- Scholarship: A scholastic scholarship, granted based upon scholastic efficiency, management, and influence on the neighborhood of females in tech.
- Retreat: A chance to get in touch with fellow scholars and Google coaches, while taking part in expert and individual advancement trainings and workshops.
- Neighborhood: An online network with fellow scholars program individuals developed to share resources, support the worldwide neighborhood of females in tech and team up on tasks to make ongoing effect.
- Ladies Techmakers Scholars will each get $10,000 USD (for trainees in the United States) or $5,000 CAD (for trainees in Canada) for the 2019-2020 scholastic year.
- A group of undergraduate and college students will be selected from the candidate swimming pool, and scholarships will be granted based upon the strength of each prospect’s influence on variety, showed management and scholastic background.
- The program is open to certified trainees who satisfy the requirements and we highly motivate individuals who determine as female to use.
- All scholarship receivers will be welcomed to participate in the yearly Google Scholars’ Retreat in Mountain View, California in 2019 to get in touch with fellow scholars, network with Googlers and take part in a variety of advancement workshops.
- Expert advancement and neighborhood outreach chances will continue to be provided after the retreat.
- As a Women Techmakers Scholar, you will sign up with an international neighborhood of Scholars Program individuals developed to offer an online forum to share resources, support other females in tech and team up on tasks to make ongoing effect.
To be qualified to use, candidates need to:
- Presently be registered at a certified university for the 2018-2019 scholastic year
- Intend to be registered in or accepted as a full-time trainee in a Bachelors, Masters or PhD program at a university in the United States or Canada for the 2019-2020 scholastic year
- Be studying computer technology, computer system engineering or a carefully associated technical field
- Show a strong scholastic record
- Exemplify management and show enthusiasm for increasing the participation of females in computer technology
The program is open to certified trainees who satisfy the requirements and we highly motivate individuals who determine as female to use.
- The Ladies Techmakers Scholars Program scholarship need to be invested in tuition, costs, books, materials and devices needed for the trainees’ classes at their main university.
- Scholarship receivers need to be registered as full-time trainees for the 2018-2019 scholastic year.
- Registration will be validated after the winners are picked, and all scholarship payments will be made straight to the trainee to be utilized to tuition and education-related expenditures.
- They will keep the award for any scholar who not satisfies the eligibility requirements.
- Present Google staff members are not qualified to request the Women Techmakers Scholars Program. Individuals who are (1) citizens of embargoed nations, (2) normally resident in embargoed nations, or (3) otherwise forbidden by suitable export controls and sanctions programs might not request this scholarship.
- Google might keep anonymized variations of application submissions as a referral for future scholarship evaluation.
- Basic background info (consists of contact info and info about your present and designated organizations)
- Present resume
- Academic records from your present and previous organizations (if you have actually made a previous degree)
- One letter of referral from a teacher, trainer, consultant or manager
- Actions to 5 essay concerns
To learn more, go to Women Techmakers Scholars Program