The Greek America Structure is pleased to reveal the Term in Athens Scholarships for research study abroad at Hellenic American University for2019 2 scholarships are offered for the fall term of 2019 (September through December) and one scholarship is offered for the summertime of 2019 (June and July).
The scholarships become part of a brand-new collaboration in between the Greek America Structure and Hellenic American University, an organization of American college that runs at 2 schools– Nashua, New Hampshire, and Athens, Greece. Scholarships will offer a complete term of research study abroad tuition in Athens, Greece worth approximately 15 credits, or about $4000 As part of the scholarship, trainees will be anticipated to take 2 courses associated to Hellenic culture, history, or language. Space, board, and travel to Greece are not consisted of in the scholarship.
Hellenic American University’s objective is to offer quality, American college that is interdisciplinary, career-relevant and interculturally notified. It makes every effort to inform its trainees to be worldwide people who are sturdily grounded in the liberal arts and geared up to add to the financial and social advancement of their neighborhoods. The function of the scholarship is to support development and change through a research study abroad experience in Greece and to promote comprehending throughout Greek and American cultures. Greek heritage is not needed, simply a desire to read more about modern Greece and its abundant culture and history.
Term in Athens scholarships makes up among the primary pillars of activity of the Greek America Structure. Considering That 2010, sixteen trainees have actually been receivers of our scholarships for research study abroad in Greece with more than $100,000 in grants granted. Their alumni have actually reconnected with their heritage, pursued their scholastic objectives, deepened their gratitude of Hellenism, made long-lasting relationships, and shared these experiences with their house neighborhoods.
Their dedication to study abroad in Greece has actually caused the facility of an endowment fund for trainee scholarships so that this program can be sustained into eternity. If you or your household have an interest in calling a scholarship in memory or in honor of an enjoyed one, please contact
Complete requirements and information are listed below. Please compose to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their site https://greekamericafoundation.org/ for more details.
Requirements of the Hellenic American University Term in Athens Scholarship 2019
● A Trainee should be accepted by Hellenic American University for a term abroad. To use, go to https://hauniv.edu/study-abroad
● GPA of 3.0 or much better.
● Greek heritage is not needed.
● Finished application (see connected)
● Extra products that should accompany application consist of (a) existing records, (b) resumé, and (c) 2 recommendation letters. Products might come individually however should bear the total name of the candidate.
● A 450- word individual declaration that addresses the following concerns: What inspires you to invest a term in Greece? What do you intend to acquire from the experience? How will you take advantage of your experience when you are back in the U.S.? Please explain your participation in neighborhood companies such as your regional church, school, or youth programs.
● Trainees will be needed to provide their experiences in numerous Greek America Structure print and digital media (social networks, blog sites, video and other advertising products).
● Chosen candidates will be needed to cover their own space and board while in Greece and to take a minimum of 2 courses (6 credits or more) associated to Greece or Hellenism.
● The due date to look for a scholarship for the summertime term of 2019 is April 5, 2019 The due date to look for a scholarship for the fall term of 2019 is June 10, 2019
● Not successful candidates from previous years are enabled to re-apply.
● Please email finished application in the PDF format to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted till April 5, 2019, for the summertime term of 2019 and June 10,2019