The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, headquartered in New york city City, is an eparchy of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople. Its existing primate is Archbishop Demetrios of America
Prospects need to send a finished application with all needed documents to the Scholarship Committee by the due date in order to be thought about for an award. Several scholarships of $1,000 will be granted. A minimum of one award is booked for a prospect who has actually picked to study Journalism.
The application is 3 pages long and need to be completed in its whole. All needed documents needs to be consisted of with your submission (see list listed below and the List for information). Ensure you consist of the List as the leading page of your finished application. The committee will rule out insufficient applications. Please print plainly. The due date for sending your finished application is May 3, 2019 It is the obligation of each candidate to make sure that his/her application is total.
As designated by the donor, the
• This is a scholarship based upon requirement, and all prospects need to supply proof of real monetary requirement.
• Choice will be provided to prospects who are orphans (one or both moms and dads).
• Prospects need to be active in a regional Greek Orthodox parish of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, with choice provided to those having Greek origins.
• Prospects need to be at least high school senior citizens at the time of application and starting school in the fall of 2019 or they ought to currently be full-time matriculated trainees. Just trainees devoted to severe research study on a full-time basis in a bachelor’s degree program at a certified college or university in the United States can use.
• Prospects need to be people or long-term locals of the United States. Evidence of long-term residency is needed i.e. copy of Birth Certificate; Naturalization Certificate; Permanent Residency Files.
• Candidates need to supply the Scholarship Committee with proof of their scholastic standing, consisting of high school records with a minimum grade point average B, 80, or 3.0.
• Prospects need to have accomplished and need to supply evidence of a combined SAT minimum rating of a minimum of1000 If the SATs were not taken, another step utilized by the scholastic neighborhood, for instance, the ACT, might be replaced.
• Trainees currently registered in college needs to likewise send their existing college records, in addition to their high school records, plus their SAT (or ACT) test ratings.
• Prospects need to send a totally finished application to the Scholarship Committee. The application is 3 pages long, and all areas require to be completed.
• All the needed documents, as highlighted on the List and noted below, need to likewise be consisted of with your submission.
Ensure your application submission consists of the following:
1. Main records from high school and if appropriate from college.
2. Letter of approval (for those going into college in August/September 2019) or evidence that you are a full-time trainee (for those currently participating in college), i.e., tuition declaration, letter from a
3. Copies of a lot of existing Federal Earnings Tax Returns (your moms and dads’ return and your return, if you did paid work).
4. A copy or records of your Baptismal or Chrismation Certificate. Birth certificates are not appropriate.
5. 3 (3) Recommendation Letters. One need to be from a Greek Orthodox priest.
6. An essay (subjects are noted on the list).
7. A short resume (2 pages optimum), consisting of details about yourself, as detailed on the list.
Utilize the list to ensure you have actually consisted of every product in your submission. Suggestion letters can be sent out straight to the committee from the people composing them or you can gather them and send them with the rest of your files. In either case, the candidate is accountable for making sure that these letters, in addition to any other files, are gotten by the committee.
The prospect ought to be offered for a telephone interview at the Committee’s discretion.
If there are any concerns, please e-mail them at email@example.com.
Please send your finished applications (with all the needed documents) to:
Gioles Scholarship Committee Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America 8 East 79 th Street New York City, NY 10075
Scholarship submissions need to be postmarked by the DUE DATE: MAY 3, 2019
Click the links listed below to download and print the scholarships guidelines and applications: