The objective of the Archdiocese is to announce the Gospel of Christ, to teach and spread out the Orthodox Christian faith, to stimulate, cultivate, and guide the life of the Church in the United States of America according to the Orthodox Christian faith and custom.
Just those trainees who are meaning to register full-time in expert graduate research studies causing finish, non-theological degrees (or those currently pursuing such graduate research studies) need to be obtaining this scholarship. Several scholarships of $5,000 will be granted, plus some partial awards.
As designated by the scholarship donor, candidates should fulfill the following requirements:
• Prospect should be an Orthodox Christian from a church that comes from the Assembly of Orthodox Bishops of North and Central America. Member jurisdictions consist of: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese in the U.S.A., Orthodox Church in America (OCA), Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of The United States And Canada, Romanian Orthodox Archdiocese of America & Canada, Albanian Orthodox Diocese, Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the United States, Serbian Orthodox Church, Bulgarian Eastern Orthodox Church, and the Moscow Patriarchate in the U.S.A.. The candidate requires to be an active individual in church activities.
• Prospect should be a college graduate and in the scholastic year 2019-2020, either starting their graduate research studies or continuing with their graduate program research studies on a full-time basis, at a recognized university in a non-theological discipline causing an academic degree.
- Prospects should be U.S. residents or long-term citizens of the United States. Evidence of long-term residency is needed i.e. copy of Birth Certificate; Naturalization Certificate; Permanent Residency Files.
• Trainees getting a complete scholarship from any other source or a partial scholarship surpassing half (50%) of their tuition are not qualified for the Paleologos Graduate Scholarship program.
Each prospect should finish the application (please print plainly and fill out all products asked for on all 3 pages) and send it to the Scholarship Committee together with all the other files needed, as noted below and as detailed on the List. Ensure you likewise send the List as your cover sheet. Finished application packages should be postmarked no behind the due date of Might 3, 2019, in order to be thought about by the Scholarship Committee.
The following products should be consisted of with your finished application:
• Total scholastic records, consisting of undergraduate & graduate records, previous & present.
• A Budget Plan and/or Declaration of Requirement, consisting of a Computation of Costs (detailed by type: tuition, books, costs, space, board, transport, travel, and so on) and laying out Sources of Financial Financing and Assistance (noting all financial assistance: loans, scholarships, grants, help from moms and dads and/or others, and so on). This budget plan should be accredited for precision by the Financial assistance and/or Bursar’s Workplace, or a tuition declaration need to be connected. The declaration needs to likewise consist of the overall quantity of trainee loan insolvency (accumulated liability at the time of application) and the candidate’s last 3 years of gross yearly earnings, in addition to the variety of hours worked each week (paid, overdue, intern, service volunteer, or other). Consist of a copy of your most existing Federal Tax return. If your partner and/or moms and dad( s) are helping you with education or living costs, this should be divulged with specifics, and a copy of their most existing Federal tax return should be consisted of with your application.
• A copy or records of your Baptismal or Chrismation Certificate (a birth certificate is NOT appropriate).
• Prospects should prepare and consist of an in-depth Resume or RÃ©sumÃ©.
• Prospects should prepare and send an in-depth Scholarship Proposition. Explain how your graduate research studies will enable you to utilize your skills and how being granted this scholarship will assist you utilize these skills to serve the Church and/or the neighborhood at big.
• Prospects might consist of a brief Individual Declaration, with a description of any special/extenuating scenario( s).
• Prospects should consist of 5 (5) Recommendation Letters. Please pick people that best represent varied elements of your achievements and offer us with a real photo of your character and background. Keep in mind: the very first 2 noted– one resolving your scholastic background and one resolving your spiritual activities– should originate from among the people noted.
a) Academic– from a teacher or consultant or program director.
b) Spiritual– from an Orthodox clergyman explaining your church activities.
c) Individual– from somebody who understands you well (not household or colleagues).
d) Manager– from a supervisor or company (for paid, overdue, volunteer, intern, service, or
e) Expert peer– an associate or colleague. f) Another suggestion from somebody of your own picking.
Please send your finished packages with all of the paperwork products noted above, consisting of the totally filled-in Application and the List as your cover sheet, to:
Paleologos Graduate Scholarship Committee
Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
8 East 79 th Street
New York City, NY 10075
Suggestion letters can be sent out straight to the committee from the people composing them or you can gather them and send them with the rest of your files. In either case, the candidate is accountable for making sure that these letters, along with all pieces of your application, are gotten by the committee.
The prospect need to be readily available for a telephone interview at the Committee’s discretion.
Scholarship application packages should be postmarked by the May 3, 2019 due date.
Click the links listed below to download and print the scholarships guidelines and applications:
Any concerns need to be directed to the Scholarship Workplace at email@example.com