Due Date: October 7, 2019
Do you understand someone who is a change-maker dealing with the cutting edge of social development? A leader teaming up and co-creating options to pushing social justice concerns? A visionary dealing with instant obstacles while likewise resolving associated systemic concerns? A coach motivating the next generation of social innovators? Choose them for the Grinnell Reward 2020
The Grinnell College Innovator for Social Justice Reward (the Grinnell Reward) honors people who have actually shown management in their fields and who reveal imagination, dedication, and remarkable achievement in effecting favorable social modification.
- Each reward brings an award of $100,000, half to the winning person( s) and half to their associated, chosen company.
- Candidates need to be chosen by a 3rd party.
- Candidates might be a single person or a group of 2 individuals who are interacting and who are the main job innovators.
- Each candidate need to have made a bachelor’s degree (or comparable) in between 2004 and 2020.
- Candidates need to be forces for social justice. The nominator must have the ability to show that the candidates, through their education, effort, and commitment, have:.
- Determined a concrete social or ecological justice requirement;-LRB- **************).
- Developed and carried out a fair and imaginative option associated to that require;-LRB- **************).
- Begun to deal with the requirement’s systemic and source; and
- Showed a substantive and sustainable neighborhood or ecological effect.
- Candidates need to grant their election. This permission will be given up the kind of a letter that nominators submit in PDF format. (If you are choosing 2 people for collective work, candidates need to compose this letter together.) The letter will consist of:.
- A declaration showing their determination to be chosen for this reward;-LRB- **************).
- A declaration validating that they have actually finished a bachelor’s degree( s) in between 2004 and 2020, keeping in mind the name of the degree-granting college( s) or university( s); and
- A 4-5 paragraph description of their social development that consists of a summary of:.
- The context for the social justice require they are resolving
- Their work, consisting of how it is ingenious either in idea or application
- The methods which they are resolving instant requirements in addition to systemic concerns and source associated to the requirement
- The present and scheduled effect of their work
- A bio that highlights:.
- The advancement of their interest and participation with the social justice requirement
- The connections in between their work and their education
- Candidates need to have shown the essence of Grinnell College’s broad liberal arts education through serving the typical excellent and showing proficiency in the locations of vital thinking, ingenious issue fixing, and quantifiable systemic modification making.
- Candidates need to not be commonly understood outside their instant neighborhood or field.
- Candidates might be nationals of any nation.
- Nominees DO NOT require to be associated with Grinnell College.
- Candidates need to have enough English fluency to engage with the Grinnell College neighborhood.
- Candidates need to have the ability to offer in English any extra details needed as part of the choice procedure.
The election kind consists of 3 essay concerns that will be utilized to assess the candidates’ capability to:
- Identify pushing social justice requirements and make use of critical-thinking and analytical abilities to fix concerns connected to that require;-LRB- **************).
- Be ingenious and socially simply in the style and application of their option; and
- Show their option’s present and possible social justice effect.
To learn more, go to Grinnell Reward