Deadline: September 29, 2020 (For Scholarship)
Applications are open for the Hague Academy Citizen Participation and Inclusive Governance Course 2021. Inclusive development requires responsive governments and empowered citizens. But what can local officials and civil society organisations do to ensure all voices are heard?
In this training course, participants will discuss ways to involve citizens – especially minorities and marginalised groups – to create a culture of inclusive governance. Participants will learn how civil society can empower citizens to voice concerns and keep their governments accountable to issues affecting their community.
This training will be a true experience! In this course, you will meet the Ombudsman of The Hague and visit examples of joint policymaking and multi-stakeholder governance, such as neighbourhood projects in the city of Amsterdam or The Hague. This course will take place in The Hague from March 15 to 26, 2021.
This course will help you to:
- Identify instruments for increasing social accountability;
- Define your own role and responsibilities in participation processes as well as the role of your partners;
- Specify conditions and do’s and don’ts for successful participation projects;
- Work on the policy cycle;
- Apply tools for communication with citizens, NGOs and other stakeholders.
After this course, you will receive a professional certificate of completion from The Hague Academy for Local Governance.
- Nuffic scholarships are available for short courses at The Hague Academy. The scholarships for short courses at The Hague Academy (OKP, MSP and StuNed) cover the tuition fee, return flights (from an international airport to Amsterdam), insurance, and accommodation, in addition to a small Daily Subsistence Allowance.
- Open to professionals working for a municipal, provincial or national government, a donor organisation or NGO and/or those involved in participation and accountability processes in relation to development and governance.
- Applicants can be from anywhere in the world.
The application deadline for the course is February 5, 2021. Deadline for the scholarship is September 29, 2020. Incomplete applications will be neither accepted nor considered in the selection process.
For more information, visit Hague Academy.