Due Date: April 4, 2019
Application for the Halcyon Incubator Fall 2019 Fellowship is now open! The Halcyon Incubator program gears up early-stage business owners with the assistance they require to change adventurous concepts into scalable and sustainable endeavors and alter the world.
The Halcyon Incubator is dedicated to fixing 21 st– century difficulties throughout the country and the world. By assisting social business owners change adventurous concepts into scalable and sustainable endeavors, the Halcyon Incubator serves as a driver for quantifiable social results. It’s maybe the most immersive incubator on the planet that concentrates on both social effect and earnings.
Throughout this 18- month fellowship, a varied accomplice of fellows gets totally free residency and work space, mentorship and management training, robust assistance from company experts, and a living stipend to establish their entrepreneurial vision into truth.
Fellows engage with the program in 2 significant phases:
- Residency (5 months): Fellows live and operate at the Halcyon Incubator with unconfined access to specialist assistance. They likewise take part in core programs that consists of pitch sessions, an ability advancement series and other occasions, eventually participating in a “Demonstration Day” in front of partners and financiers.
- Post-Residency (13 months): Fellows continue to operate at the Halcyon Incubator, with open door to all resources to additional construct their networks, safe and secure financing, and grow their endeavor.
Fellows accepted into the program will have access to the list below resources:
- Residency, Service and Living Expenditures– The Halcyon Incubator was established to guarantee that all social business owners, despite their financial background, can prosper. The program lowers the monetary barriers to beginning a social endeavor by supplying:.
- 5 months of totally free real estate at the historical Halcyon Home (Residency Stage)
- 13 months of totally free work space at Halcyon Home (Post-Residency Stage)
- A $10,000 stipend per endeavor for food and living costs throughout the Residency Stage
- Strategic Endeavor Resources — The Halcyon Incubator has actually partnered with a few of the prominent companies in the neighborhood to recommend and straight support the fellows’ endeavors. Throughout the course of the program, fellows get more than 1,000 hours (in aggregate) of:.
- Method and operations speaking with supplied by Deloitte
- Legal and company recommendations through Arnold and Porter
- Technical recommendations and hosting credits through Amazon Web Provider
- One-on-one executive training supplied in collaboration with The HR Sage
- First-rate Network of Mentors and Advisors — The Halcyon Incubator develops a neighborhood of assistance around the fellows by uniting a robust network of skilled business owners, experienced change-makers, and leaders throughout sectors.
- Each endeavor is coupled with a knowledgeable, field-specific coach who offers weekly assistance and assistance throughout the Residency Stage.
- Select suppers and occasions engage fellows with a robust network of advocates, consultants, and possible funders.
- Vital Audiences — The program assists fellows acquire direct exposure for their endeavors to support their long-lasting sustainability. The Halcyon Incubator offers fellows:.
- Access to business owners, press, and advocates throughout an official launching at Kick-Off, an occasion at the start of the Residency Stage
- Access to possible funders, financiers, and partners throughout the Halcyon Display, an occasion at the end of the Residency Stage
- Access to essential neighborhood figures and innovators at conferences and other occasions
To be qualified for the Halcyon Incubator:
- Candidate( s) need to send the application by the defined due date.
- Candidate( s) need to be at least 21 years of age by the start of the program.
- Candidate( s) need to be proficient in English.
- The endeavor need to be the initial concept of the candidate( s).
- The endeavor need to remain in start-up concept, MVP, or pilot stage.
- The endeavor need to have less than $500,000 yearly income.
- The endeavor need to be independent and self-governing. Ventures can not be thought about independent or self-governing if they were begun under the instructions of an existing company.
- The candidate or candidate’s group need to be the main choice maker for the endeavor’s advancement and management.
- Candidate( s) need to have the ability to make a full-time dedication to the endeavor’s advancement throughout the very first twelve months of the fellowship.
- Candidate( s) who will be registered in a college or university throughout the time of the fellowship are not qualified.
- Candidate( s) need to have legal work status in the United States or have the ability to get a visa for the Residency and Post-Residency stages.
- Candidate( s) need to finish the whole online application and send it and all needed files prior to the closing date.
Collaborations (endeavors co-founded and led by 2 people) might use as long as both creators fulfill the above eligibility requirements.
Ventures might be for-profit, hybrid, or uncertain, as long as the core objective is to develop quantifiable social modification. Ventures structured as ‘non-profit’ will just be thought about if they have a services or product they are offering, which have a company design at their core.
To learn more, see Halcyon Incubator