Due Date: October 15, 2019
The Harrison Middleton University– HMU Fellowship in Concepts 2019 is open for applications. The HMU Fellowship in Concepts is a writing and conversation task in the liberal arts created for a current university graduate from any field who has an interest in the liberal arts, interdisciplinary discussion, and intellectual and expert enrichment.
Harrison Middleton University is a terrific concepts, excellent works, excellent discussions, distance-learning university that uses graduate education in the liberal arts with concentrations in creative literature, life sciences, viewpoint and faith, and social science. Harrison Middleton University promotes student-faculty scholarship through research study, conversation, and the advancement of collective publications.
The Fellowship uses emerging scholars direct exposure to the history of concepts in Western civilization, networking chances among a variety of academicians, long-lasting students, readers, and thinkers from a broad series of disciplines, and credited authorship in 2 university publications. Other than for conference participation, all activities of the HMU Fellowship in Concepts might be performed from any area with appropriate telephone and web gain access to.
Throughout 9 months, the HMU Fellow in Concepts will:
- Take part in Socratic conversations with university professors.
- Contribute 2 entries to the Harrison Middleton University Blog Site.
- Participate in a local Excellent Books occasion.
- Release a book evaluation in HMU: Discussions, Harrison Middleton University’s biannual newsletter.
The effective candidate to the HMU Fellowship in Concepts will delight in the following advantages:
- A little stipend to cover travel, registration, and associated expenditures for participation at a local Excellent Books occasion. Keep in mind: for interested candidates beyond the United States, the stipend will likely not cover travel and associated expenditures.
- The chance to take part in Socratic conversations with university professors.
- Online publication in the HMU Blog site and HMU: Discussions
- At the conclusion of the Fellowship term, a complimentary library of 5 Excellent Books Structure publications.
The effective candidate need to:
- Have actually gotten a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (in any field) given that 2016.
- Have an interest in the liberal arts and the excellent concepts of Western civilization.
- Have exceptional reading, composing, and interaction capabilities.
- Have the ability to go to a local Excellent Books occasion.
- Dedicate to composing 2 blog site entries for the HMU Blog site and one book evaluation, based upon an Excellent Books Structure publication to be identified, for HMU: Discussions
Please supply the following:
- A finished application.
- A biographical declaration of no greater than 500 words that resolves your background as a trainee, your interest in the liberal arts, and your interest in the HMU Fellowship in Concepts.
- A properly pointed out expository essay of no greater than 1500 words plus a works pointed out page, using your interest to a terrific concept in the liberal arts associated with among these concentrations: creative literature, life sciences, viewpoint and faith, and social science.
Send your application and composing samples as connected Microsoft Word-compatible files to [email protected] The due date for applications is October 15, 2019.
Shortlisted prospects will be asked for to take part in an interview, either by telephone or Skype. The effective candidate will be informed by Harrison Middleton University on or prior to December 1, 2019.
To find out more, check out HMU Fellowship