Due Date: October 1, 2019
Applications for the Harvard Academy for International and Location Research Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019-20 The Fellowship determines and supports impressive scholars at the start of their professions whose work integrates disciplinary quality in the social sciences or law with a command of the language and history or culture of nations or areas beyond the United States or Canada. Their scholarship might clarify domestic, relative, or multinational problems, previous or present.
The Academy Scholars are a choose neighborhood of people with resourcefulness, effort, interest, and creativity, whose operate in cultures or areas beyond the United States or Canada reveals guarantee as a structure for remarkable professions in significant universities or worldwide organizations.
Academy Scholars are designated for a two-year, in-residence, postdoctoral fellowship at The Harvard Academy for International and Location Researches, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA. They get considerable monetary and research study support to carry out continual jobs of research study and/or acquire device training in their picked fields and locations. The Senior Scholars, a prominent group of senior Harvard University professor, function as coaches to the Academy Scholars to assist them attain their intellectual capacity.
- Each year, 4 to 6 Academy Scholars are called for two-year visits. Academy Scholars are anticipated to live in the Cambridge/Boston location throughout of their visits unless taking a trip for pre-approved research study functions;-LRB- **************).
- Postdoctoral Academy Scholars will get a yearly stipend of $70,000 If picked prior to making the PhD, the Scholars will get a yearly stipend of$31,000 till granted the PhD. This stipend is supplemented by moneying for conference and research study travel, research study assistants, and medical insurance protection. Some mentor is allowed however not needed.
- Open just to current PhD (or equivalent expert school degree) receivers and doctoral prospects in the social sciences or law. Those still pursuing a PhD ought to have finished their regular training and be well along in the writing of their theses prior to using to end up being Academy Scholars. If you have actually finished a PhD program, the PhD conclusion date need to be within 3 years of the October 1 application due date. For candidates making an application for the October 1, 2019 due date, you need to have finished your PhD or comparable after September 30, 2016.
- Applications are welcome from certified individuals without regard to citizenship, gender, or race.
The finished application will consist of:
- Cover letter which succinctly specifies the candidate’s scholastic field, nation or area of expertise, and proposed research study subject
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resumé; consisting of list of publications
- Research study proposition (2500 word optimum); consisting of intellectual goals and prepared methodological and disciplinary work
- A copy of your PhD program records
- 3 recommendation letters (published through the online application). Letters need to be resolved to the “Choice Committee.”
All parts of the application, consisting of the 3 recommendation letters, are sent online as PDF files.
To learn more, go to Harvard University Academy Scholars Program