Deadline: March 31, 2021
Applications are open for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship 2021-2022. The aim of the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship is to enable a female student from a developing country where access to tertiary education is limited to benefit from undertaking postgraduate study at the University of Durham.
The scholarship has been set up as part of the celebration of 30 years of women students at Hatfield College, University of Durham, and is funded by alumni, friends of the College and other sources supportive of the scholarship’s aims.
Hatfield College aims to award the Lioness Scholarship to an individual who has the academic and personal qualities to enable them to complete and benefit from a postgraduate course, and who will also act as a positive ambassador for their home country in Durham, and put their enhanced knowledge and skills gained from the master’s programme and experience in Durham to good use for the benefit of their society when they return home.
The scholarship will cover:
- Full payment of University tuition fees.
- Stipend for living expenses – 4 quarterly payments.
- One return economy air ticket from the home country to the UK, and the cost of return travel between the UK airport and Durham City.
- Fully funded, self-catered, single room in mixed accommodation at Hatfield College.
- ‘Settling in allowance’ on arrival.
- Cost of UK visa and the UK Health surcharge.
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered an unconditional place on their chosen master’s programme by the end of May 2021.
- Applicants must not be in receipt of any other scholarship to fund their postgraduate studies or have completed a degree in the UK before.
- Applicants must be female.
- Hold a relevant honours degree of sufficient standard to be admitted to their chosen Master’s course ; and
- Have all other course entry requirements including the relevant English language qualification;
- Not hold a Master’s degree; and
- Not otherwise have the financial means to study for a Master’s degree in the UK.
Applicants must be a national of one of the following countries:
Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti ,Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kenya, Kiribati, Dem. Republic of Korea, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Micronesia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Applicants are requested to submit both applications required:
- Stage 1: An academic application for your chosen master’s programme; within this application you should reference your intention to apply for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship. Once you have completed this application you can move onto stage 2. When you receive your academic offer letter from the University, please forward it to [email protected] with your full name and Lioness Scholarship 2021 in the subject line.
- Stage 2: An application for the Scholarship on this Application form. Please make sure to complete all sections. If you do not have all your documents now, forward them to [email protected] before the deadline for your application to be considered.
For more information, visit Hatfield Lioness Scholarship.