Deadline: August 31, 2021
Applications are open for the Hawk Conservancy Trust Marion Paviour Award 2021. The purpose of this award is to further research into the conservation of birds of prey and is intended to support early-career researchers working towards this goal.
The mission at the Hawk Conservancy Trust is the conservation of birds of prey. For more than 50 years, the Hawk Conservancy Trust has worked in the fields of conservation, education, research and rehabilitation. They care for more than 130 birds of prey from owls to eagles.
- The maximum award amount is £1,000.
All uses of funds will be considered, however preference will be given to those applying for support for fieldwork, conference fees to present work, or travel costs (for fieldwork or conference attendance) over equipment costs.
- Open to early-career researchers worldwide;
- Their project must be focused on conservation and/or research of birds of prey.
- Recipients will be required to provide a report about the use of the funds.
- Recipients will be required to acknowledge the support of the Hawk Conservancy Trust in any related materials and presentations.
- Copies of full project reports and publications will be provided to the Trust.
- Recipients are required to communicate updates to the Trust for the purposes of publicising the project.
Applications are required to submit the following:
- Basic CV (one page maximum)
- A short summary of the project (two pages maximum) which includes:
- Objectives of the project, methods and any results if the project is ongoing;
- Amount requested, how it will be used and how this fits into the overall project;
- The research and/or conservation value to birds of prey (include species in question and reason for the project); and
- A brief project timeline.
- A letter of recommendation (e.g. Supervisor, manager, etc.)
The deadline for applications is August 31, 2021. Funds will be released in October 2021.
For more information, visit Marion Paviour Award.