Deadline: August 9, 2021
Are you a young feminist in Eastern Africa? Have you recently started your feminist advocacy journey against the challenges of patriarchy in your society? Do you want to accelerate the impact of your advocacy work? Apply now for the Heinrich Böll Foundation Challenging Patriarchy Advocacy Capacity Strengthening Program 2021.
The Heinrich Böll Foundation in collaboration with Advocacy Accelerator has launched an advocacy capacity strengthening program designed for young feminists based in 7 countries in East Africa. The Challenging Patriarchy Program is designed to increase your knowledge and strengthen your advocacy capacity to transform the lived experiences of women and girls within your local or national context.
- Open to young feminist based in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Eritrea, South Sudan or Somaliland;
- Applicant should be aged 18-30 years old;
- Applicant should have started their feminist advocacy journey against the challenges of patriarchy in their society.
As a candidate for this program, you will be expected to fulfil the following:
- Giving your full commitment to complete the entire 6-month period is a prerequisite.
- Actively engage with the content of the program as a means to deepen your learning.
- Commit to sharing your experiences gained before and during the program with fellow young feminists.
- Practice self-awareness, accountability and respect for fellow program candidates.
Fill out the application form before Monday, 9 August 2021. The program starts on Wednesday, 1 September 2021.
For more information, visit Challenging Patriarchy Program.