Due Date: November 30, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the Helmut Veith Scholarship 2019 In honor of Helmut Veith’s efforts, a stipend for exceptional female trainees in computer technology was developed with assistance of TU Wien, the Wolfgang Pauli Institute, and generous contributions of good friends and coworkers of Prof. Veith.
The Helmut Veith Scholarship is committed to the memory of an impressive computer system researcher who operated in the fields of reasoning in computer technology, computer-aided confirmation, software application engineering, and computer system security. Helmut Veith, who unfortunately died in March 2016, was a strong supporter and coach for females in computer technology.
- Trainees who are granted a scholarship get EUR 6000 every year (paid in installations), and tuition costs are waived.
- The Helmut Veith Scholarship is granted every year to exceptional female trainees in the field of computer technology who pursue (or strategy to pursue) among the master’s programs in Computer technology at TU Wien taught in English;-LRB- ***************).
- Candidates need to be qualified for admission to a master’s program in Computer technology taught in English at TU Wien (presently Reasoning & Calculation and Organisation Informatics; European Master ´ s Program Computational Reasoning throughout of the recipient’s research studies at TU Wien, Computer System Engineering (Technische Informatik), Media and Human-Centered Computing, and Data Science).
- Candidates ought to have bachelor’s degree in Computer technology or Mathematics (Bologna very first cycle) or comparable degree
- Have substantial understanding and interest in (a minimum of among) Helmut Veith’s locations of research study:.
- Reasoning in Computer Technology
- Official Techniques and Confirmation
- Structures of Expert System
- Intricacy Theory
- Computer System Security
- Efficiency in English
- While applications for financing can be submitted prior to or in parallel with the admissions procedure, the financing will just be granted to candidates who have actually been unconditionally confessed to the master’s program. An application for financing does not change the admissions procedure; neither does a conditional deal of financing entitle the candidate to study at TU Wien.
Trainees are needed to send the following files:
- Cover Letter, explaining the kind of moneying the trainee is requesting, and all other elements the trainee considers pertinent for the application
- Inspiration Letter, explaining the reasons the trainee wishes to study in the program Reasoning and Calculation, why financing is needed, and with which groups of the professors the trainee would be interested to deal with throughout their master’s thesis and why.
- Reports on university evaluations (records)
- Diplomas and/or certificates (very first degree, bachelor degree, or greater). If the last scholastic certificate is not yet readily available at the time of the application due date, an initial certificate (showing the kind of degree and the anticipated graduation date) signed and marked by the degree-awarding university needs to be supplied.
- Contact information of 2 referees (for recommendation letters)
- English language certificate (TOEFL or comparable)
- Copy of passport
A licensed translation requires to be offered files that are not in German or English. Your application needs to be sent digitally to [email protected] as a single PDF file.
For additional information, check out Helmut Veith Stipend