Deadline: October 12, 2018
Applications for the HIV Research Trust’s 2019 scholarships are now open. The HIV Research Trust awards short-term scholarships to health care professionals in developing countries to help recipients learn skills and techniques which will add to their local department’s capacity in HIV treatment and prevention. The scholarships are available for physicians, nurses, scientists & health care professionals from low- & lower-middle-income countries working in HIV.
The HIV Research Trust is a charitable foundation that provides financial support to physicians, nurses, scientists and other health care professionals in early/mid-career who are located in resource-limited settings from low-income and lower-middle-income countries working in the field of HIV infection. All aspects of research related to HIV infection and its consequences are eligible including clinical care, basic and applied biology, epidemiology, psychological, ethical, economic, educational and societal aspects. The support is in the form of scholarships which are of variable duration and cover course fees, travel, living expenses and consumables.
Scholarships are awarded annually following a competitive peer-review process and are designed to enable the candidate to travel to another research unit to learn skills and techniques which should develop the candidate’s career and, on return to the home institution, add to the capacity of the department to carry out research related to treatment and prevention.
The scholarships are for health care professionals in early/mid-career who are located in resource-limited settings from low-income and lower-middle-income countries working in the field of HIV infection.
If the answer is yes to all the questions below you will be eligible:
- Are you working in the field of HIV?
- Are you in your early to mid career?
- Are you employed by an institution within a low-income and lower-middle-income country?
- Are you proposing to start your programme in the year for which the HIV Research Trust scholarship programme is intended?
- Does the intended programme benefit your career and also build on the capacity of the home institution?
- Online application for 2019 scholarships opens 20 August 2018 and closes 12 October 2018
- 2019 scholarships announced late December 2018
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship find out more below:
For more information, visit HIV Research Trust Scholarships.