Deadline: February 18, 2021
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation is looking for an experienced social media specialist to join its communications team. The candidate will lead and implement creative social media strategies and campaigns around the Mo Ibrahim Foundation’s (MIF) initiatives and manage day-to-day activities across MIF’s social media platforms. The role is initially remote with the Foundation’s office based in London, therefore applicants should have the right to live and work in the UK.
Strategic Planning and Content Creation
- Design and implement social media strategies and campaigns around MIF’s key initiatives including the Ibrahim Index of African Governance, Ibrahim Prize, Ibrahim Governance Weekend and more.
- Provide engaging copy, image and video content for all MIF accounts including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar for MIF’s social media platforms.
- Identify key events and opportunities to increase MIF’s visibility throughout the year such as observance days, international events, partner events etc.
- Run, measure and optimise social advertising campaigns across Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Assist with content for MIF’s website and email outreach.
- Work with colleagues to support other aspects of communications including design, tone of voice, and media activities.
- Report on social and wider digital campaigns using analytics tools and design software.
Community and Influencer Management
- Respond efficiently to digital enquiries by monitoring, tracking, reporting on feedback and comments across social media platforms.
- Identify, manage and liaise with priority digital influencers to help increase visibility of MIF’s key activities.
- Develop social media toolkits for influencers and MIF spokespeople.
- Stay up to date with the latest social media and digital technology trends in the field of development and private foundations.
- Translation, or coordination with translation agency, for social media content in French, Portuguese and Arabic.
- Live coverage of relevant events including text, image and video across MIF social media accounts.
- Manage and create content, with the help of language specialists, during high-level events such as the Ibrahim Governance Weekend and Paris Peace Forum.
- Applicant should have a genuine interest in the mission and values of the Mo Ibrahim Foundation;
- Have four or more years of relevant digital communications experience;
- A demonstrated familiarity with development issues, with discussions and debates around governance, democracy, international affairs and policy;
- Experience of supporting digital efforts around high profile events;
- Familiarity with digital planning tools such as Airtable, publishing tools such as Hootsuite and Buffer as well as CRM and content management systems;
- Familiarity with design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, as well as image banks;
- Experience with high profile organisations and initiatives in Africa is desirable;
- Knowledge of French, Portuguese, Arabic or African languages will be beneficial.
To apply, send up to date CV and a brief covering statement outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and availability to [email protected]
For more information, visit Mo Ibrahim Foundation.