Due Date: March 25, 2019
The IWMF looks for a lively person to become their Communications Planner The IWMF is run by a personnel enthusiastic about safeguarding, supporting and promoting ladies in news media. As IWMF grow their scope of work, they are broadening their interactions department and looking for an imaginative, detail-oriented and extremely inspired Communications Planner.
This brand-new employee will help the interactions department with boosting the track record of the company through public relations and social networks. Typically, this consists of assisting to establish, execute and handle strategies supporting the IWMF’s awards program, fellowships, grants, collaborations, research study, trainings and emergency situation assistance.
This position is based at the IWMF’s head office in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Senior citizen Communications Planner and the Director of Communications.
- Coordinate and execute interactions methods for e-mail, web, multimedia, fundraising, conventional media and social networks platforms: Help the Senior Citizen Communications Planner with content advancement and updates for the IWMF newsletter and social networks accounts
- Track essential minutes and media chances to promote the IWMF and its activities
- Establish media lists for press outreach
- Distribute news release and public declarations
- Pitch members of journalism on IWMF projects and news and develop relationships with press reporters to increase media protection: Particular beats consist of the media market, gender/gender equity, variety and philanthropy
- Field inbound concerns from the media
- Develop media backgrounders for reserved looks or arranged interviews
- Display discussions online and patterns in digital media: Report on metrics worrying digital and social traffic and engagement
- Draft and modify written material such as post, social networks posts and e-mail marketing
- Assistance security production, circulation and company consisting of sales brochures, videos, images, reality sheets, reporting and research study
- Establish social networks projects: Source, compose, develop and arrange initial material for usage on social networks; and, research study and collect material to supplement social networks projects
- Establish and carry out paid social promos
- Assist with the display screen and performance of the site
- Aid to style, establish and develop graphics and/or video shorts for digital usage
- The IWMF provides a generous advantages bundle, consisting of specific medical insurance (80% paid by the IWMF), oral protection, brief- and long-lasting special needs insurance coverage, life insurance coverage, the chance to develop an FSA and paid vacations in addition to paid leave in between Christmas and New Year’s Day;-LRB- **************).
- In addition, they use a 401 k upon a staff member’s start date with a coordinating contribution based upon period. Other advantages consist of 2 weeks of paid trip, 2 weeks of authorized leave and 3 individual days within the very first year of work.
- 1– 3 years of experience working in interactions, public relations and/or public affairs with a concentrate on media relations and social networks: Experience with non-profit companies and/or within a PR firm highly chosen
- Experience operating in cross-functional groups– interactions, fundraising and shows
- Capability to focus on, multi-task and react to demands in a prompt style
- Success establishing material, story pitches and landing press functions
- Experience adding to social networking accounts daily (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and so on) consisting of tracking and analytics
- Ability utilizing media database networks in addition to social media-related tools and software application
- Strong writing, discussion and social abilities
- Capability to adjust in a vibrant workplace: Capability to work efficiently with disturbances; and, able to deal with often altering and/or unscheduled jobs with precision
- Some local and global travel is needed
- Experience in crafting project messages and material: Experience composing news release and media declarations; and, experience preparing audience-specific e-mail messaging for member engagement and donor outreach
- Experience engaging with scheduling platforms for social networks: Deal with TweetDeck and/or Later on chosen
- Strong copy-editing abilities: Familiarity with AP Design standards
- Graphic style experience and ability in other kinds of innovative style
- Experience making use of multimedia programs to establish digital and video possessions: Understanding and previous usage of picture and video modifying software application consisting of the Adobe Suite
- Experience in marketing to and interesting culturally and ethnically varied audiences, constituents and partners
For more details, check out IWMF Task