Due Date: July 15, 2019
Elections are open for the Human Rights Protectors of the Year Award 2019 The objective of the award is to honour and openly acknowledge the essential work of Human being Rights Protectors (HRDs) in Kenya, by offering awards to males and females who have actually shown guts and effect in the promo and defense of human rights and basic liberties.
The goals of these awards are to:
- Honour the remarkable work of HRDs in the promo and defense of human rights;-LRB- ***************).
- Profile the work of HRDs and obstacles they deal with as representatives of social modification and improvement;-LRB- ***************).
- Recognise and value the human rights work of young and approaching HRDs in Kenya and assistance skill;-LRB- ***************).
- Improve the security and defense of all HRDs in Kenya.
The awards exist in 3 classifications:
- The Munir Mazrui Life time accomplishment award
- The Human Rights Protector of the year award
- The upcoming Human Rights Protector of the year award.
The winners will get:
- A money award of $1,000
- A plaque with the HRDs name on it
- And will be visitors at the 2020 HRD award event
- Candidate should remain in Kenya;-LRB- ***************).
- Grassroots based HRD
- Verifiable effect of the HRDs human rights operate in the neighborhood
- ‘ Civil guts’ of the HRD in his/her human rights work
- Demonstrated management, development and imagination in his/her human rights work
- Contribution to the advancement of a human rights based technique within his/her county in concerns to the thematic location of focus
- Degree of trouble of the accomplishment and sacrifices made
- Exposure stemmed from award to improve the capability of the HRD to promote human rights and active citizenship
- The HRD ought to have a link to the neighborhood and his/her work ought to have developed or ought to be working towards constructing a motion.
- The HRD ought to be an experienced or approaching HRD.
All election kinds ought to be returned to the NCHRD-K through [email protected] with a clear subject line ” HRD AWARD ELECTION” by the due date.
For additional information, see Human Rights Protectors of the Year Award