Due Date: September 6, 2019
Entries are welcomed for the 2020 IAEA’s International Essay Competitors on Nuclear Security Trainees and Early Profession Professionals are welcomed to send ingenious and initial essays on the subject “Future of Nuclear Security: Sustaining and Reinforcing Efforts”.
Through this competitors, the IAEA wishes to find out about ingenious concepts and point of views on the future of nuclear security. The essay competitors intends to promote creativity and broader awareness about nuclear security obstacles and chances, consisting of those highlighted by the International Conference on Nuclear Security2020 A comparable competitors was kept in combination with the 2016 International Conference on Nuclear Security: Dedications and Actions.
- 3 finalists will get prize money of EUR2000 and a certificate signed by the IAEA Director General;-LRB- ***************).
- In addition, the finalists will get flight tickets, lodging and everyday living expenditures to go to and provide their essays at ICONS 2020 side occasion in Vienna, Austria (10-14 February 2020). The essays will be published on the IAEA Conference Site with a link on the IAEA Conference App throughout of the Conference and consisted of in the conference procedures.
- The competitors is just available to nationals of IAEA Member States
- Candidates should be 35 years of age and under (born after 1st January 1986). Finalists will be asked for to send their recognition files (E.g. copy of passport) to assist in administrative plans and take a trip to Austria
- Essay optimum word count: 1,000
- Entries in any main language of the IAEA (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish) will be accepted. Nevertheless, candidates need to keep in mind that for an objective and reasonable evaluating procedure, finest essays will be equated into English if required and go through a blind assessment at the last choice phase. For that reason, candidates who want to guarantee the quality of the translation might select to send their essays in English
- Just one essay is permitted per entrant. As soon as an essay has actually been sent, candidate will not have the chance to modify it. Please thoroughly examine prior to sending the last copy and guarantee that all extra details is appropriate
- All essays should be an initial work by the candidate in their own words, other than for quotes from released and unpublished sources, which are plainly shown and acknowledged as such. Citations should follow worldwide acknowledged designs (Chicago, MLA, ACS, IEEE, NLM, Vancouver, AAA, APA, APSA, and so on), and candidates can at any time be asked for to offer explanation of the source. Any material that can be determined as plagiarism will instantly be disqualified.
The submission email need to:
- Be sent out to [email protected]
- Contain “Essay Competitors 2020″ _” candidate’s household name” in the subject line– E.g. Essay Competitors 2020 _ Smith
- Have the essay as an accessory in MS Word format
- Include the following details in the body of the email:.
- Candidate’s very first and last name as in the passport:
- Title (Mr/Ms):
- If a trainee, registered program (bachelors, Masters, PhD)
- Nation of passport:
To find out more, see IAEA Essay Competitors