Due Date: July 5, 2019
Applications are open for the Ian Parry Scholarship for Young Photographers 2019 The scholarship is a worldwide photographic competitors for young professional photographers who are either participating in a full-time photographic course or are under 24 years.
The scholarship exists to discover and support the best youths aiming to produce effective, significant photojournalism in a ‘selfie’ consumed world. Ian would be exceptionally pleased with the long list of worldwide understood professional photographers who were assisted at the start of their professions by the scholarship that bears his name. This year’s Ian Parry Scholarship is divided into 2 classifications: The Sunday Times Award for Accomplishment and The Canon Award for Prospective.
About Ian Parry
Ian Parry was a photojournalist who passed away while on project for The Sunday Times throughout the Romanian transformation in1989 He was simply 24 years of age. Aidan Sullivan, then image editor, and Ian’s family and friends produced the Ian Parry Scholarship in order to develop something favorable from such a terrible death.
- Each winner will get $3,500 towards their picked task
- Canon Europe continues to support the Scholarship and loans devices to the winners
- Participate in a portfolio evaluation day with leading market professionals in London
- Mentorship Program: They use a year-long individual Mentorship to the winner of The Canon Award for Prospective. The 2019 coach is previous Ian Parry Award recipient and extremely appreciated Magnum professional photographer Jonas Bendiksen
- The winner of The Canon Award for Prospective will have the chance to participate in the Transmissions Program at Visa Pour L’Image in Perpignan
- World Press Image, instantly accepts the winner of the Accomplishment Award into its last list of candidates for the Joop Swart Masterclass in Amsterdam
- Your work will appear in The Sunday Times Publication, the media sponsor for the contest
- Open to young professional photographers who are either participating in a full-time photographic course or are under 24 years.
To enter this year’s Ian Parry Scholarship, you will require to prepare the following:
- A covering letter including your name, date of birth, irreversible address, individual e-mail address, individual phone number, and if relevant, college, course title and course tutor.
- An in-depth task proposition describing your proposed task and detailing what the $3500 would allow you to shoot. It must be kept in mind that this composed area is thought about exceptionally crucial. The judges will require to be impressed by your capability to produce a persuading task proposition along with your photography abilities.
- A portfolio of 12 (low resolution) pictures, either a picture essay or private images.
- Prolonged captions for each image as a word file.
For additional information, go to Ian Parry Scholarship