Application Due Date: 24 January 2019, 23: 59 CET
The IAS/AVAC Media Scholarship Program makes the conference available to a choose group of highly-qualified reporters who would not otherwise have the ability to participate in and report on the conference procedures. The program likewise offers a training on HIV research study, a series of instructions through the conference week and targeted assistance to assist reporters enhance their HIV reporting abilities.
The collaboration in between the IAS and AVAC develops off the conventional IAS Media Scholarship Program to use increased media assistance.
The 10 th IAS Conference on HIV Science– called IAS 2019– will happen on 21-24 July 2019 in Mexico City, Mexico.
The IAS Conference on HIV Science is the world’s most prominent conference on HIV research study and its applications. This biennial conference provides the vital advances in standard, scientific and functional research study that moves science into policy and practice. Through its open and inclusive program advancement, the conference sets the gold requirement of HIV research study including extremely varied and advanced research studies.
The IAS/AVAC Media Scholarship Program is open to all reporters and neighborhood teachers reporting on HIV for an acknowledged print, radio, broadcast or online customer, medical, neighborhood or AIDS Service Organization-sponsored media outlet in any nation who is at least 18 years of ages at the time of the conference.
Top priority will be provided to reporters:
- Representing nationwide leading tier media outlets or wire services with a broad local or nationwide reach, despite the medium.
- With a tested history of covering HIV and/or HELP and/or transmittable illness. Scientific and wider reporting are both urged.
- Based in resource-limited settings in addition to reporters representing target countries/regions of interest, consisting of South East Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean and sub-Saharan Africa.
- Showing a strong dedication to reporting on HIV and/or HELP. Focus will be provided to reporters and outlets with a background in reporting on worldwide health subjects, transmittable illness and HIV and/or HELP more particularly.
- Who become part of a crucial population or dealing with HIV.
Receivers of the IAS/AVAC Media Scholarship will get:
- Travel to and from the 10 th IAS Conference on HIV Science (IAS 2019) (roundtrip ticket at least expensive fare offered from the nearby global airport)
- Lodging ( in a budget plan hotel for the days of the conference)
- A daily living allowance for each of the days of the conference (21-24 July 2019)
- Involvement in the IAS/AVAC Media Scholarship program consisting of a day-long training with HIV professionals, instructions, interview and website check outs, and devoted assistance in the conference media centre.
- The application procedure is completely complimentary. Candidates need to develop a user account to complete a specific application.
- A recommendation letter and 3 bylined work samples are needed to finish the application.
- Contact the Scholarship Program group: scholarships@ias2019 org
- Applications are now open online through the profile platform up until 24 January 2019, 23: 59 CET
- All candidates will be informed at the end of March 2019.
For More Details: