Due Date: January 24, 2019.
Calling all reporters and neighborhood teachers! Request the IAS/AVAC Media Scholarship Program to go to 10 th IAS Conference on HIV Science 2019 occurring 21-24 July 2019 in Mexico City, Mexico.
The IAS/AVAC Media Scholarship Program makes the conference available to a choose group of highly-qualified reporters who would not otherwise have the ability to go to and report on the conference procedures. The program likewise supplies a training on HIV research study, a series of rundowns through the conference week and targeted assistance to assist reporters reinforce their HIV reporting abilities.
The collaboration in between the IAS and AVAC constructs off the standard IAS Media Scholarship Program to provide increased media assistance.
Receivers of the IAS/AVAC Media Scholarship will get:
- Travel to and from the 10 th IAS Conference on HIV Science (IAS 2019) (roundtrip ticket at least expensive fare offered from the closest global airport)
- Lodging ( in a budget plan hotel for the days of the conference)
- A daily living allowance for each of the days of the conference (21-24 July 2019)
- Involvement in the IAS/AVAC Media Scholarship program consisting of a day-long training with HIV professionals, rundowns, interview and website check outs, and devoted assistance in the conference media centre.
Please keep in mind that the program will not compensate any expenses sustained prior to getting a scholarship. Scholarships do not consist of visa expenses, transport to/from the airport, or any other incidental expense.
The IAS/AVAC Media Scholarship Program is open to all reporters and neighborhood teachers reporting on HIV for an acknowledged print, radio, broadcast or online customer, medical, neighborhood or AIDS Service Organization-sponsored media outlet in any nation who is at least 18 years of ages at the time of the conference.
Concern will be provided to reporters:
- Representing nationwide leading tier media outlets or wire services with a broad local or nationwide reach, despite the medium.
- With a tested history of covering HIV and/or HELP and/or contagious illness. Scientific and more comprehensive reporting are both urged.
- Based in resource-limited settings along with reporters representing target countries/regions of interest, consisting of South East Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean and sub-Saharan Africa.
- Showing a strong dedication to reporting on HIV and/or HELP. Focus will be provided to reporters and outlets with a background in reporting on international health subjects, contagious illness and HIV and/or HELP more particularly.
- Who belong to a crucial population or coping with HIV.
This is a highly-selective procedure, as the variety of media scholarships offered is restricted.
The application procedure is completely totally free. Candidates should develop a user account to fill out a private application. A recommendation letter and 3 bylined work samples are needed to finish the application.
For more details, see IAS/AVAC Media Scholarship