Application Due Date: December 16, 2019 (11: 59 pm PT)
Are you a college student or postdoc in any field of biology with a research study story that you wish to show the world? Do you wish to find out how to provide among the very best science talks of your profession?
The Young Researcher Workshops (YSS) is a video series produced by iBiology that includes early-career researchers offering talks about their research study and discoveries. Similar to all iBiology videos, YSS videos are easily readily available online and commonly seen by a worldwide audience of trainees, researchers, teachers, and the general public.
- Winners will get an all-expenses paid journey to the University of California, San Francisco (late Spring 2020, precise dates TBD), where they will participate in a multi-day science interaction workshop led by the Alan Alda Center for Interacting Science, in cooperation with iBiology. Throughout the workshop, they will make enhancements to their 30- minute research study talks.
- At the end of the workshop week, winners will record their enhanced 30- minute research study talks in iBiology’s green screen studio. Studio-recorded talks will be published on the iBiology site as part of the Young Researcher Seminars series.
U.S. and global pre-doctoral.
college students (i.e. PhD prospects) and post-doctoral fellows in any.
field of the life sciences are qualified to use. Although you.
are not needed to be a PhD prospect to be qualified for the.
competitors, your research study story must be close to publication or have.
been just recently released.
Each application should consist of:
- A brief declaration (3000 characters optimum, consisting of areas) discussing why you (the candidate) are using to the YSS competitors and how you would gain from getting involved.
2-page CV or resume that highlights: research study experience, clinical.
discussion experience and awards, and science interaction, outreach.
or education activities.
- A brief composed description (3000 characters optimum, consisting of areas).
of the clinical discovery that you (the candidate) wish to.
share on video camera and its value, for a non-expert however clinical.
audience (e.g. undergraduate trainees in the life sciences). This.
brief research study description must explain why the research study is.
fascinating and unique, and describe the ‘so what?’ of your work. You are.
welcome to utilize stories and examples to achieve this. You DO NOT require.
to send a video for this.
- A recommendation letter from a.
professor (emailed independently) that discuss the candidate’s.
clinical benefit and interaction abilities. Recommenders must s end a signed recommendation letter as a PDF accessory to yss @ibiology. org with “[APPLICANT LAST NAME, FIRST INITIAL]” in the subject line. Suggestion letters should be gotten by the application due date for complete factor to consider.
- Other Than.
for the recommendation letter, application products will NOT be.
accepted by means of e-mail. Candidates MUST send their products utilizing the application study
The winners will be picked in 2 stages.
Stage 1– Finalist Choice: 10 to twenty finalists will be picked based upon their sent application products (information and application link above).
Stage 2– Winner Choice: Finalists.
will provide a 20- minute audition talk in English utilizing videoconference to.
iBiology personnel. Details about the 20- minute talk, consisting of the.
due date and standards, will be provided to the finalists prior to the.
audition. 4 winners will be picked from the swimming pool of finalists,.
based upon both the science and clearness of the talks.
For Additional Information: