Deadline: July 31, 2020
Applications are open for the IBRO-MENA Exchange Fellowship Program 2020. The IBRO-MENA Exchange Fellowship program was established to advance neuroscience research and support capacity building in the MENA region.
They do this through promoting and facilitating collaborations, scientific exchange, transfer of know-how and sharing of resources among institutions and scientists in the region.
The program funds visits of a minimum of 6 weeks duration to institutions in the MENA region by researchers living and working within the MENA region for the purposes of participating in collaborative work, performing specific experiments or to learn and transfer specific technical expertise to their home country.
- Funding is for a maximum of USD $2,000 that can be used to cover travel and local expenses.
- Open to Ph.D./M.D. students and young post-doctoral fellows;
- 35 years of age or less;
- Only applicants from the MENA region will be considered;
- A description of the purpose of the visit and proposed project, including description of the work to be performed, rational for selecting the host lab, expected outcomes, and impact on the research at the home institution;
- A letter of acceptance by the host laboratory/institution is mandatory.
Applications are made online. There are no hard copies of applications. Selections are made two times a year. Applicants who are not selected in one round of evaluations may apply for a future round.
Within two weeks of the conclusion of the research activity, laureates are required to send a report suitable for posting on the IBRO website. Pictures are always welcome.
For more information, visit IBRO-MENA Exchange Fellowship.