Due Date: September 30, 2018
The ICAO Young Air Travel Professionals Program2019 is open for applications. The International Civil Air Travel Company (ICAO), in collaboration with the International Air Transportation Association (IATA) and Airports Council International (ACI), is providing chances for the profession advancement of air travel specialists through a Young Air Travel Professionals Program. Presently, there are chances for 3 Young Air travel Expert Officer positions situated in Montréal, Canada.
The chosen Young Air travel Expert Officers will be anticipated to add to ICAO, IATA and ACI work programs connected to air travel security, air navigation capability and performance, or to financial advancement of air transportation, air travel assistance, or environmental management, concentrating on inter-relationships in between regulative activities of ICAO and those in the airline company and airport markets in IATA and ACI.
The Young Air Travel Expert Officers are offered the chance to advance their understanding and understanding of global civil air travel regulative activities and of the airline company and airport markets. Each Young Air travel Expert will be accompanied throughout the Program by a subject-matter specialist from ICAO, IATA and ACI.
Moreover, routine efficiency feedback throughout and at the end of the tasks will be supplied. Upon effective conclusion of the Program, the Young Air travel Professionals will be kept on the ICAO lineup for possible factor to consider for appropriate ICAO posts in the future and might likewise be motivated to get appropriate posts at ACI or IATA.
Each Young Air travel Expert Officer position will be filled for eighteen months.
- Living Expenses: All living expenses and expenditures will be borne by the Young Air Travel Expert Officer.
- Financial Backing: A set quantity of CAD 4 000 each month will be supplied to each chosen Young Air travel Expert Officer to help with living expenses.
- Yearly leave will be supplied at the rate of one and a half days each month.
- Authorized leave will be supplied at the rate of one day each month.
- Medical insurance coverage will be supplied at the single rate for prescription/medical/dental protection within Canada. The chosen prospects will be needed to pay the staff member part of the premium, which is approximated to be around CAD $12266 each month.
- Occupational mishap insurance coverage will be supplied (at no charge to the chosen prospects).
- Non-occupational mishap insurance coverage will be offered to the chosen prospects, at their own expense.
- Travel: Where needed, take a trip expenses to and from Montréal at the start and at the end of the Program will be supplied at the most affordable offered suitable fare. The expense for one excess luggage (i.e. luggage in excess of the weight or volume brought without charge by transport business) will be covered to an optimum of 25 kgs.
- Visa: ICAO will offer a letter of assistance to help in getting the needed visa.
- Level of Education: Master’s degree (or comparable, to be shown by the candidate); or b) Bachelor degree, supplemented with a Business Pilot License or an Air Traffic Control Service License.
- Minimum 2 years’ expert working experience in aviation-related regulative activities and/or in the air travel market
- Fluent reading, composing and speaking capabilities in English. Working understanding of a 2nd language frequently utilized in global companies (French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian or Arabic) would be a possession
- Aged 32 years or less on the closing date of this statement.
Note: Choice will be offered to prospects who are not presently serving, or who have actually not formerly served, as an intern with either ICAO, IATA and ACI.
- Dedication to constant knowing: The determination and capability to participate in self-development; keep up-todate with brand-new advancements; aid others to find out along with gain from others.
- Preparation and Organizing: Capability to set clear objectives; focus on; prepare for issues or dangers, and have reliable time management abilities.
- Interaction: Capability to compose in a clear, succinct and precise way. Capability to interact verbally and with diplomacy.
- Customer Orientation: Capability to see from the customers’ viewpoint; prepare for customer requirements and issues; discover proper services for customers, and keep customers notified.
- Team Effort: Capability to work collaboratively with others and preserve unified working relationships in a multicultural environment.
- Technological awareness: Capability to utilize modern software application such as MS Workplace Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), SharePoint, or comparable and show a determination to find out and utilize brand-new innovation.
Interested prospects are asked for to send their candidature by the deadline date, by finishing the online application offered at https://careers.icao.int. An inspiration letter summing up the following should be consisted of: expert accomplishments to this day; viability for the Program; profession goals in regulative activities and/or the air travel market; and the field of work for which they want to be thought about. Prospects must likewise suggest their favored job( s) from the lists supplied in Appendix A and Appendix B and provide a description on why they are interested.
Prospects who do not finish the online application and offer an inspiration letter will not be thought about. Just prospects who are suggested for interview will be called by ICAO.
For more details, check out ICAO