Due Date: October 7, 2018
The ICFJ Global Health Reporting Contest 2018 is now open. The Global Health Reporting Contest has actually increased the quality and amount of health protection on 4 continents by using reporters specialized training and access to leading professionals.
Because 2014, contest entrants have actually produced more than 823 stories mostly on maternal and child-health concerns, reaching a combined audience of a minimum of 800 million readers, audiences and web visitors. To this day, the program has actually acknowledged 16 exceptional reporters for protection that has actually assisted people in their neighborhoods.
The contest develops on its early successes by more establishing regional networks of leading health press reporters in Brazil, China, India, Russia and sub-Saharan Africa. Reporters in these nations have the chance to take part in a 12- day research study trip in the United States. They likewise get prize money as part of local competitors to acknowledge premium protection of maternal and kid health, in addition to other immediate health matters such as illness and vaccinations.
Johnson & Johnson sponsors the Global Health Reporting Contest.
6 winners will be picked for the program in 2018.
Chosen reporters will win prize money and a 12- day trip with access to health professionals
- To receive the contest, stories should concentrate on crucial health subjects in the reporters’ areas and released, relayed, or published online in Brazil, China, India, Russia, or sub-Saharan Africa in between Monday, January First, 2018 and Sunday, October 7th, 2018.
- Reporters from each nation should be utilized by print, broadcast, or online media in order to certify.
- The contest is likewise available to associated freelance reporters with a letter validating their work by an editor.
- Sent work needs to have appeared in a media outlet based in each area or dispersed generally in the area. Submissions will be accepted in English, French (Africa), Hindi (India), Mandarin/Cantonese (China), Portuguese (Brazil), Russian (Russia).
- Submissions in other languages should consist of an English translation. Candidates might send more than one entry.
Contest subjects might consist of (however are not restricted to):
- Lowering maternal, baby and kid death;-LRB- **************).
- Lowering illness transmission from mom to kid;-LRB- **************).
- Avoiding poor nutrition;-LRB- **************).
- Improving shipment of care and facilities for maternal and kid health;-LRB- **************).
- Actions to the Ebola epidemic;-LRB- **************).
- Ingenious techniques to shipment of vaccines.
The due date for sending stories is Sunday, October 7th,2018
Applicants can use here
For more details, see Global Health Reporting Contest