Due Date: July 7, 2019
Applications are open for the ICFJ News Corp Media Fellowship 2019 for International Reporters In partnership with The Wall Street Journal, ICFJ is using global reporters a chance to take part in an ingenious program that consists of training on innovative storytelling and provides grants to support data-driven jobs.
The reward for the very best task is a three-month News Corp Fellowship in New York City, where the fellow will get hands-on training and mentorship at the WSJ media science laboratory. This program constructs on the News Corp Media Fellowship, which has actually provided global reporters an immersive, hands-on experience in a few of the world’s most digitally innovative newsrooms because 2014.
Throughout the fellowship, the reporter will be embedded for 3 months in the WSJ’s media science laboratory to deal with a data-driven task appropriate to the fellow and custom-made for the WSJ. The chosen News Corp Media Fellow will have the chance to deal with jobs connected to:
- Workflow and partnership in an international newsroom;-LRB- **************).
- Information science, expert system and computational journalism;-LRB- **************).
- Brand-new types of training and internal management advancement;-LRB- **************).
- Audience surveying and emerging types of social networks analysis.
- Previous to the three-month fellowship, ICFJ will host a three-day orientation in Washington D.C., where the fellow will get training and be prepared to establish his/her own digital jobs at the Journal. The program will cover all travel and fellowship expenditures.
- English-speaking reporters and editors with 3-5 years of journalistic experience and a minimum of 1-2 years dealing with information are welcome to look for the webinar– the primary step towards the fellowship.
To be thought about for the fellowship, reporters need to:
- Take Part In 2 half-day webinars carried out by editors and press reporters with competence in digital tools, information journalism and visualization, expert system, combination to mobile, and audience engagement. Throughout the hands-on webinars, individuals will find out how to pitch a data-driven task and to establish a model. Webinars will be open to a choose group of as much as 40 reporters and will occur on July 29 and 30 Apply to go to the webinars here by July 7.
- Get among 5 news development grants to support your data-driven task. Just reporters who take part in both webinars are qualified to look for these grants. Jobs need to promote brand-new types of storytelling, information journalism and visualization, and person engagement. Each grant recipient will likewise take advantage of online editorial training and mentorship from skilled editors, press reporters and information professionals.
Just reporters who finish both phases effectively will be thought about for the News Corp Media Fellowship. The perfect fellow will bring substantial skills, a strong work principles and capabilities to the WSJ newsroom.
To learn more, see ICFJ Fellowship