Due Date: August 1, 2019
Entries are welcomed for the ICIMOD Hindu Kush Himalaya Image Contest 2019 They are searching for image entries that inform engaging visual stories about various interactions in between the cryosphere (snow, glaciers, permafrost, meltwater, glacial lakes) and society in the Hindu Kush Himalaya, consisting of environment modification effect and adjustment, associated catastrophes and vulnerability, contributions to water resources and their management, the value to incomes and biodiversity, along with cultural, spiritual, and gender elements.
The style of the image contest remains in line with the total style of the Cryosphere and Society Online forum, which intends to enhance the understanding of cryospheric modification and the influence on society, particularly on those who reside in close distance to snow, ice, permafrost, glacial lakes, and glaciers.
For the functions of this competitors, each individual might send an optimum of 3 pictures, each with an accompanying caption of no greater than 150 words. Individuals are motivated to offer contextual details about the image, such as names, place, time, and date, to assist readers comprehend the image. Each image needs to connect to the cryosphere and its interactions and/or influence on people/society. General styles can consist of:
- Ice and life: Effects of cryosphere modification and adjustment
- Catastrophes and associated vulnerability
- Water in the high mountain neighborhoods
- Life at the Third Pole: cryosphere’s value for incomes
- Mountains, snow, ice, and biodiversity
- Cultures in the cold: cultural, spiritual, and gender elements of the cryosphere
- The leading entry will be granted USD 300, and USD 100 each for following leading 2 entries. The staying pictures will get honourable points out and certificates.
- The outcomes will be revealed throughout the upcoming International Online forum on Cryosphere and Society to be kept in Kathmandu, Nepal, from August 28 to 30,2019 The winner of the image contest will be welcomed to get the award and provide the image story to individuals of the Online forum. The winning entries and honourable points out will be displayed throughout the Online forum and included in the Online forum procedures, associated publications, and on ICIMOD’s Cryosphere Effort site.
- Professional photographers of any ages and ability levels are qualified to get in;-LRB- **************).
- Individuals are motivated to send images that shine a light on the value and function of the cryosphere in relation to society. Entries dealing with gender and social addition elements are extremely motivated.
Entries will be evaluated by a technical panel including clinical professionals in the field of cryosphere along with skilled expert photographers. Entries will be evaluated on:
- Technical quality, clearness, and structure, and visual effect
- General efficiency of the pictures and the caption in communicating an engaging story on interactions in between the cryosphere and society. For that reason, the option of subject and how you pick to explain it in the entry submission kind is really crucial.
- Novelty, style for the unanticipated, capability to catch a photo-perfect minute, “wow” aspect
For more details, go to ICIMOD Image Contest