Due Date: September 20, 2019
ICLD is providing a Require Policy Relevant Research Study Propositions on Regional Democracy The objective of the call is to much better comprehend the function of city governments and regional democratic organizations in resolving international obstacles.
Proposed research study needs to concentrate on issues and chances where there is a prospective to create ingenious and transformative policies that can increase the impact of susceptible individuals in the choices made by city governments that impact their lives. The research study needs to be performed within 18 months beginning no behind January 1, 2020.
ICLD will focus on research study tasks that consist of the nations where ICLD runs: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine, Indonesia, China, Vietnam, Botswana, Kenya, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe and Zambia. Research study tasks in other nations are invited if they reveal an essential contribution to core locations of this call.
Research study propositions must discuss the function of city governments in a minimum of 2 of the following styles:
- Social responsibility and involvement of susceptible groups,
- Environment crises and action,
- Migration choices,
- Kids and youth impact in regional choice making,
- Inclusive cities,
- Post-conflict healing: obstacles and chances,
- Objecting to gender inequality.
- Applicants can look for as much as 1 million SEK. The overall total up to be approved to all the accepted tasks is an optimum of 6 million SEK. This grant can be utilized in mix with other grants.
- The primary candidate must be a scientist with a deep understanding within the field of advancement and democracy that holds a PhD and is associated with a research study organization or a certified university or college;-LRB- **************).
- The research study group must have a gender balance and ideally consist of scientists based in among the nations being studied.
The application will be examined by a minimum of 2 senior scientists, among them from ICLD Advisory Group and a committee from ICLD.
Proposition critics will evaluate the propositions according to:
- Scientific quality and its contribution to fill a research study space
- Novelty and creativity in relation to the style of this call
- Quality of the research study group, consisting of gender balance in the group
- Expediency and rigor of the task strategy in relation to proposed resources (personnels, spending plan, schedule)/ Worth for cash
- Significance for policies and city governments, and
- Prospective to impact favorable modification.
The ICLD committee will evaluate the proposition according to:
- Significance to the style of this call
- Interaction strategy and engagement with city governments
- Significance to ICLD International training programs and local collaborations
- Usage of ingenious research study methods
The following accessories are required for total application:
- Research study proposition (usage ICLD’s design template for research study proposition)
For more details, check out ICLD