Application Deadline: 15 September 2021
Access to education is one of the greatest barriers to inclusion for children, young persons and adults with disabilities in Africa. The COVID-19 pandemic has amplified this situation. Digital innovations can help to overcome this challenge by removing barriers to education for persons with disabilities.
This is a call to arms. It’s time for a change. Are you in? Register for the ICT 4 Inclusion Challenge and shape the inclusive education in Africa!
You can submit your innovative idea, mock-up, or proof of concept (PoC) in any of the 4 criteria apply.
- You are developing a digital device and/or application, that facilitates inclusive education.
- You have a concrete idea to raise awareness for inclusive education using digital technologies.
- You develop digital assistive technologies to be used in educative settings.
- You are working on accessibility solutions for online learning environments.
- Individuals or Teams of Innovators, Entrepreneurs, Students, Change makers, Tech geeks, Disability activists.
- Persons ageing at least 18 years old or above the legal working age in the country of residence.
- Permanent residents of an African country or non-residents teaming up with an African organization.
- Please note that Atos or GIZ employees (and their immediate family) are not eligible to take part in the challenge. Any solutions that are already on the market will also be excluded.
In addition to being coached by elite mentors during the bootcamp, the top 3 winning teams will be awarded with dedicated 3 month long mentorship program after the bootcamp, monetary prizes and an opportunity to pitch to Atos Accelerator programme.
- 1st placed team€ 6,500
- 2nd placed team € 2,500
- 3rd placed team € 1,000
- Idea submission Until 15 September 2021
Submit your innovative idea, mock-up or proof of concept. Register
- Selection: 16 – 30 Sep 2021
ICT, Education, Inclusion & Africa experts will evaluate the submissions. 8 teams will be invited to the Bootcamp.
- Virtual bootcamp: 25 Oct – 5 Nov 2021
Work on your idea alongside selected elite mentors and prepare for pitching your developed PoC to the jury.
Present the proof of concept of your innovative solution to a panel of top-notch jury members.
Awards: 3 Dec 2021
Awards to the winning teams will be presented during a public live event.
Mentoring: Post event
Winning teams will receive tailored 3-month mentoring & the opportunity to pitch to Atos Accelerator program.
For More Information: