Application Deadline: March 31st 2021
The Green Tourism Incentive Programme (GTIP) is an initiative of the Department of Tourism with a key objective of encouraging and assisting privately-owned tourism enterprises to adopt responsible tourism practices through installing solutions to reduce their energy and water consumption and costs.
The GTIP was initially launched in 2017 and reviewed in 2021 resulting in additional benefits to the tourism sector for the installation of solutions for the sustainable management and usage of electricity and water.
Managed by the IDC, financial assistance under the GTIP is provided in the form of a grant of up to R1million to qualifying small and micro tourism enterprises for the installation of energy and water efficiency solutions.
- – The GTIP covers the full cost for a new resource efficiency audit as well as the full cost for reviewing an existing audit
- – The GTIP will appoint an assessor from its approved panel to conduct resource efficiency audits to determine the best possible solutions to be implemented. The assessor will also review existing audits where applicable
- – The GTIP offers grant funding on a sliding scale from 50% to 90% of the total cost of the approved energy and water efficiency solutions up to a capped amount of R1 million.
- – The balance is to be covered by the applicant (either through own resources or from other reputable funding institutions including the IDC
- – The grant will not cover the VAT portion for VAT registered enterprises; this will be covered by the applicants as they may claim it back
- – The GTIP will cover the VAT portion for non-VAT registered enterprises; in the event of the enterprise registering for VAT and claiming such costs related to the project, the enterprise will be expected to pay back the VAT portion to the GTIP
- – The grant funding will be paid directly to service providers/installers
The application process has two phases:
Phase 1: Energy and water efficiency audit and identification of appropriate solution(s).
Phase 2: Application for funding to implement recommended solution(s).
APPLICATION FOR ENERGY AND WATER EFFICIENCY AUDIT (PHASE 1)
To apply for the Energy and Water Efficiency Audit, applicants are required to follow instructions below:
- Download, complete section A and Annexure A of the application form and submit in soft copy (original excel format) to [email protected]
- Section A of the application form must be completed in full accompanied by relevant supporting documents as provided in the application form
Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered for the energy and water efficiency audit.
APPLICATION FOR FUNDING TO IMPLEMENT SOLUTION (PHASE 2)
Eligible applicants (having completed Phase 1) are required to demonstrate economic viability to be considered for funding.
To apply for funding to implement the solution, applicants are required to follow instructions below:
- Complete section B of the application form and submit in soft copy (original excel format) to [email protected]
- Section B of the application form must be completed in full accompanied by relevant supporting documents as provided in the application form
Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
To download, click on the relevant links below:
B-BBEE Sworn Affidavits – Tourism
For More Information: