Due Date: May 5, 2019
Are you an innovator in between the ages of 18 and 35 who establishes options to boost your neighborhood, city, area, nation? Are you dedicated to economic sector enhancements in transport, mining, energy, or water? Get the IFC Sustainability Exchange Contest for Youth Developments 2019
This contest intends to motivate and assist in discussion on ingenious methods to engage youths in facilities and natural deposits, while attending to a few of the issues and requirements of neighborhoods and business. They are calling young social business owners to send a job proposition that adds to a few of the core styles of the 2019 IFC Sustainability Exchange: utilizing innovation, addition, and advantage sharing throughout energy, transportation, water, and mining.
The leading 3 Candidates of the competitors will have the chance to:
- Present their concepts at an occasion throughout the IFC Sustainability Exchange in Dakar, Senegal.
- IFC will cover travel costs (economy flight and hotel lodgings) if taking a trip from beyond Dakar.
- Gain from special capability advancement and networking chances with professionals from global advancement, academic community, and the economic sector. Prospective individually conferences with chosen participants.
- IFC will include and promote Finalists’ and Winners’ concepts on the commdev.org site and on IFC’s social networks channels.
In case the proposition includes more than a single person, just the lead would get assistance for travel or lodging.
- Innovators in between the ages of 18-35 years (since May 5, 2019) from around the globe are welcomed to take part.
- The competitors is open to nationals of ALL nations. Involvement is motivated from qualified people with the drive to innovate, despite their profession (e.g. trainees, NGO leaders, federal government authorities, start-up developers, technical professionals, or any other).
- The candidate’s job proposition can be any brand-new, initial development, item, innovation, or service, based upon catalyzing development through facilities, utilizing innovation, addition and shared advantages (for economic sector and neighborhoods).
- Just one submission per candidate will be permitted. Subsequent submissions will be disqualified.
Submissions will be assessed on how well the following 4 qualities are shown
- Significance: Proposed concept ought to specify adequate to show some level of depth associated to the styles and considerable adequate to affect a a great deal of individuals and/or economic sector business or nations.
- Creativity and imagination: Submissions need to provide concepts that are either undeveloped or seriously underdeveloped in global advancement research study and literature, for that reason revealing creativity and imagination.
- Expediency: Proposition ought to consist of a short ‘roadmap to adoption’ on the expediency of the option and addresses any obstructions; all submissions need to be actionable and quantifiable; they need to likewise be based upon functionality instead of theory. Regional or nation focus is motivated.
- Clearness: Proposition ought to be sent in a clear and succinct way.
The application website will request the following:
- Title, name, age, and picture
- Brief abstract (200 word limitation)
- Description of issue and context (200 word limitation)
- Description of your option (1000 word limitation)
( responses can be shared through 1000 word text reaction, brief video or audio clip (3 minute limitation), poster, charts, or well-captioned discussion.
- Why is it appropriate and how will it bring social and/or ecological advantages to a community/country/region?
- What is brand-new about it?
- By who, how, and when would it be carried out?
- What is the predicted effect?
- Does it have strong prospective to be reproduced and scaled up?
- What are obstacles you might deal with and how will they be reduced?
For more details, see IFC Sustainability Exchange Contest