Due Date: January 11, 2019
The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) Science Interaction Fellowship 2019 is now open for applications. The IIASA science interaction fellowship is an extremely competitive program that immerses early-career science communicators in the vibrant work of the IIASA Communications Department.
The IIASA Science Interaction Fellowship, developed in 2016, supplies the chance for one to 2 early-career science communicators to get hands-on experience in the IIASA Communications Department each summertime. The fellowship begins on 27 May and ends on 30 August. This financed 3-month positioning is perfect for early-career science interaction experts.
IIASA research study concentrates on complex international ecological, financial, technological, and social modification that we deal with in the 21 st century. These research study findings supply essential input to policymakers to form the future of our altering world. And science interaction assists supply the bridge in between scientists, policymakers, and the public.
IIASA is a global clinical institute that performs research study into the important problems of international ecological, financial, technological, and social modification that we deal with in the 21 st century. Our findings supply important choices to policymakers to form the future of our altering world. IIASA is independent and moneyed by clinical organizations in Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Europe.
The science interaction fellow will get experience in interacting complex systems science for a basic audience through a range of platforms consisting of blog sites, site material, video, and posts for our publication, Alternatives The effective prospect will operate in the IIASA Communications Department, helping with a range of jobs consisting of editorial work, web publishing, media relations, occasion protection, multimedia, social networks, and other interaction activities. The fellow will likewise work carefully with individuals in the IIASA Young Researchers Summertime Program ( YSSP), producing a number of pieces of work covering research study from the program.
The fellowship covers the expense of travel to and from Vienna and the recipient’s house nation at the start and end of the fellowship, along with a modest stipend to balance out living expenditures throughout the duration of the fellowship.
The stipend is 4,000 EUR for the 3 months. IIASA does not supply real estate or extra financing for real estate.
- A Bachelor’s or comparable degree in science or journalism, and/or present trainee or graduate of a science journalism program.
- Applicants from all nations are welcome, however IIASA offers concern to people or citizens of nations in which IIASA has a National Member Company They motivate applications from establishing nations.
- Experience in blogging about science for the public through blog sites, papers, university website, or other outlets.
- Composed and oral fluency in English and shown capability to comprehend intricate clinical research study.
- Experience with or interest in social networks, video, photography, or other multimedia is a plus.
To use, please email the following files to Ms. Alia Harrison, Recruitment Planner, Human Being Resources Department, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis at [email protected]
- Cover Letter
- One composing sample of no greater than 800 words (longer texts will not be thought about) about a clinical subject and focused on a basic audience (e.g., post for a paper or publication, post, or op-ed)
- A recommendation letter
The application due date is 11 January2019 Insufficient applications or applications gotten with composed samples going beyond 800 words will not be thought about.
For additional information, see IIASA